whats the best electronic brake controller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csharp84

Reaction score
i recently purchased a travel trailer for me, wife and 18 month old boy...i got the wd setup, sway and a digital electronic brake controller. i have been on the jeep forum talking to a couple of guys and thought id see what everyone else uses since everone got a libby...i did get my controller tuned to how i kinda like it but it seems like the digital controllers kinda suck around town bec the brakes lock up when your going like 15mph and hit the brakes just to slow down a little. any advice guys? thanks

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alot of people love the tekonsha prodigy P3 unit. if you want an even better electronic controller the hensley trucontrol gold II is one of the best. finally the ultimate is an electric over hydraulic unit like the MaxBrake. be warned the price tag is fairly substantial. however it does work fantastically since it's directly reading how hard you're pushing on the brake pedal.