What to do, What to do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know what to do. I finally sold my 255/70/16 General Grabbers and I dont know what to replace them with.. I was set on the yokohoma geolanders but I just looked on tirerack and they decided to take the 245/70/16's off their site? Im looking for a tire that quite, good on-offroad, cheap, and light weight. The revos weigh way to much, cost to much, and are not worth it to me(dont care what anyone says about them). The Grabbers in the 245/70/16 weigh to much but are really cheap($83 a pop). I cannot figure out how they only weigh one less pound than the 255/70/16 grabbers? I was thinking about going with a 235/75/16, but no one makes anything in that size. There is not use in getting a 235/70/16 since its the same size as the tires I have on there right now?

Give me some advice guys, Im in a hole..

Whats another good website to buy tires from?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, figured that one out in a hurry. One 5min call to tirerack.com and they said the geolander had been discontinued!! Gosh this *****!! Ive always wanted that tire!!

The geolander A/T-S is replacing it. The only thing about that, who knows if its any good? The geolander A/T was a tried and true tire. They use it in the baja!! The good news is, the A/T-S only weight 35lbs and cost $96!! I think I may go with them..

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe go with a 235/85? Thats what I am thinking of doing in a couple of weeks. My Geolanders are OK but they seem to be wearing a bit fast; I've put ~30K on them and they are pretty much shot. Having the insides wear from alingment problems probably didnt help. Thinking about the Pathfinder AT from discount - looks to have a decent tread pattern and they have a 50K warranty. I'll look around some before I make a decision.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Maybe go with a 235/85? Thats what I am thinking of doing in a couple of weeks. My Geolanders are OK but they seem to be wearing a bit fast; I've put ~30K on them and they are pretty much shot. Having the insides wear from alingment problems probably didnt help. Thinking about the Pathfinder AT from discount - looks to have a decent tread pattern and they have a 50K warranty. I'll look around some before I make a decision.

I was thinking about that size but my rims are 16x8 and that may look alittle strange.. O:)

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy that I work with has the at/s on a Z71 and he loves them. I almost put them on my Ranger 4x4, but I only had a certain amount to spend and couldn't afford em. I've seen ALOT of people around here with em so they must be decent at the very least!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06Liberty said:
A guy that I work with has the at/s on a Z71 and he loves them. I almost put them on my Ranger 4x4, but I only had a certain amount to spend and couldn't afford em. I've seen ALOT of people around here with em so they must be decent at the very least!

Ok, Ill probably order them today. \:D/

jgp1843

Reaction score
That's a real shame - I've been through three sets of Geolandar ATII Plus tires, two on my Toyota 4WD pickup and one on my former Isuzu Amigo,and they work great both on and off road. They do wear more quickly than some, though, as I typically have gotten about 35,000 per set, maximum. Big O sells them - I saw quite a few sets at my local store yesterday as I was having them install my Cooper studded winter tires on the Liberty. I've always bought mine from Tire Rack in the past, though, as I can't beat their prices locally, even after paying for shipping, mounting and balancing.

Discount Tire are another large tire sales outlet that deal by internet and telephone, but I haven't dealt with them personally.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the tires a few min ago. Im alittle worried about my credit card though. This is the first time Ive ever used this credit card and Ive yet to get a email from tirerack. I usually get one right after Ive placed the order. The order doesnt show up on the credit cards website either.. And it usually does as soon as the order has placed?

Anyway, I feel alot better about these. The revs are only 12 less than my stock tires and 15 more than the 255/70's I had on there. \:D/ they weigh 5lbs less and are .5in narrower. Ill fill everyone in, in about a week after they come in and I get them on. \:D/

JeepnJer

Reaction score
Question about Geolandar ATII's....

Corwyyn said:

You guys who got over 20K on your ATII's did really good. I went thru 2 sets of 31x10.5/15's on my XJ and when they got up to around 20K they got very noisy due to cupping on the outer edges of the tread. Alignment was good too. I'm thinking the tire was a bit too wide for a 7" rim. Did any of you experience cupping?? Great tire on/off road though, and really good in snow. I was thinking about trying the 255x70/16's on my Lib, but if they've discontinued them I may have trouble finding a set now. It now appears that the BFG ATKO's are no longer available in 255x70/16.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online