What tire do you recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJgirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a nail in my front drivers side tire and I am losing air. What tire is good for street driving. All the roads I take to work are very hilly and curvey. I need them ASAP...... #-o

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos are a popular replacement tire for the KJ. Good on road and off and in bad weather situations. Much better than the stock tires.

KJgirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
priell3 said:
The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos are a popular replacement tire for the KJ. Good on road and off and in bad weather situations. Much better than the stock tires.

Price: $142.00 (each) confused2.gif

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just get the tire fixed, then you wont have to buy a new set of tires.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, ask them to fix it first, what do you have on right now ?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just have it plugged - (probably $15.00). You have an 06 so I would imagine your tires are in pretty good shape tread wise.

Your tire type dictates handling and grip characteristics. You didn't say what wheel size and tires you were running.

The REVO is among the best but not cheap but you generally get what you paid for.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrangler HP? I have same tires, and they keep getting nails stuck in them (plugged three times, all three on rear pass) Plug would cost maybe $5 in your area, expensive one for $8.. :) get that done, I was thinkin of the same (replacing tires) but plug works well, why spend $150 on a tire??

KJgirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Wrangler HP? I have same tires, and they keep getting nails stuck in them (plugged three times, all three on rear pass) Plug would cost maybe $5 in your area, expensive one for $8.. :) get that done, I was thinkin of the same (replacing tires) but plug works well, why spend $150 on a tire??

Do you lose traction a lot? :-s

2003KJ

Reaction score
I'd also recommend plugging the tire for now.

When you do decide to replace the tires, If you can spend the money up front and get a good tire, like the REVO's (which I highly recommend), you will not be disappointed.

I've got 12K on my Revo's and they still look brand spankin new. The Crapyears at this time were about halfway worn. And I make sure to keep my tires balanced and rotated every 6K or sooner.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Nokian Vatiiva tires in 245/70 for my rig, very similar thread to the Revo, same warranty, traction and wear numbers as the Revos and I spent almost $40 less each. A recent transplant to the West from Vermont suggested them, they have them on their Outback and 3/4 ton truck. I guess they have a near cult following back in Vermont. Really enjoy mine, lots of grip on all surfaces so far and quiet with no harmonics I've noticed at any speed or surface. Nails will take out any tire but the self sealing ones, but they only work so long.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
The Crapyears at this time were about halfway worn. And I make sure to keep my tires balanced and rotated every 6K or sooner.

i like my crapyears so far..

no kjgirl, no traction lost that you can feel.

KJgirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
2003KJ said:
The Crapyears at this time were about halfway worn. And I make sure to keep my tires balanced and rotated every 6K or sooner.

I guess mine just really suck. They can't hold traction in the rain :-s

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJgirl said:
hyedipin said:
2003KJ said:

then you are better off getting new tires, personally if money is an issue i would rather just plug the tire and wait until the tires are a little more worn. Otherwise you could always swap the 5th tire on for a while and wait until you have some more money for new tires.

KJgirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

Wrangler ST I think :-k

That is what the tires says on it

KJgirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
KJgirl said:
hyedipin said:
2003KJ said:

then you are better off getting new tires, personally if money is an issue i would rather just plug the tire and wait until the tires are a little more worn. Otherwise you could always swap the 5th tire on for a while and wait until you have some more money for new tires.

It was a matter of getting home from work. My TPM light came on this morning and I stopped at a Wawa and had 20psi left in the tire. Stopped at the AAMCO and they plugged it for $10......So we will see how that goes. I want to stay under $100/tire