What oil filter do you use?

What oil filter do you use?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using Frams on all kinds of Mopars for the past 15 years and my dad has been using Frams for at least the past 30 years. We have never had an engine failure of any kind from using them. So while Fram may get a bad rap, I think they are excellent filters. Sure there may be better stuff out there, but Fram does get the job done.

My only complaint with Fram is when they started putting that SureGrip crap on the filters. It's not needed. Plus on a lot of engines the heat causes the Suregrip to dry out and start to flake off. Very annoying when trying to change oil.

I have a Fram on my KJ right now, but the next oil change I may use a Wix just to get something that doesn't have SureGrip on it. I know one thing for sure, my KJ will never have one of those cheap oil filters from O'Reilly Autoparts on it it again. Apparently the dealer I bought it from put that on there. I swapped it out just as soon as I got home. On that filter the sidewalls had a lot of flex to them just as I was gripping it to unscrew it. I wouldn't trust that filter for any engine!