What oil filter do you use?

What oil filter do you use?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like the title says, poll on oil filters, what do you use....I apologize if I missed any brands, post your brand if I missed it. I usually use Purolator Pure One filters in all my stuff, occasionally on some Fords I've had I've used the Motorcraft part, but I mostly stick to Purolator, and I stay away from Fram.

Blue KJ in PA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything but Fram...actually as a recovering Oldmobile guy (since GM left me hanging) I tend to use ACDelco....but lately I have been usign the NAPA super gold or whatever it is. I believe they are made by either Wix.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Mopar filter mostly because I'm still in warrenty. If I do switch, it would be to Wix or NAPA (made by Wix I believe).

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy -

See if you can find out who makes those "Mobil" filters - most likely Fram, but maybe Purolator. If they're Frams, I'd advise steering clear. =;

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Napa Gold.

Which is a wix filter, so I voted for them.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten too lazy to change my own oil, so I go to the dealer and just use the Mopar (although I do provide synthetic oil). Someday I'll get back in the habit of changing my own oil and use a better filter.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mopar filter for my CRD. only 9 dollars so not too much of a differnce in price between the wix and the mopar.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I've gotten too lazy to change my own oil, .

Me too, especially this time of year, but luckily a friend of my dad's works at Jiffy Lube, so I take to them and they change it for free. I provide the oil, I don't use their oil, and I buy the filter, and they change it for me. When the weather warms up I'll go back to doing it myself again.

Who voted for the K&N? I used one of them a long time ago on a different car...the thing I liked about it the most was the lug on the bottom of it so you could take it off with a regular wrench...but they were pricey.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I use the Napa Gold filters, which are made by Wix. Absolutely zero complaints from me about them. Cost me about $6 and some change....so not a bad price either.

jeepowner

Reaction score
there are plenty of Jeep oil filter to choose from. I've heard lots of good feedbacks about K&N. my dad has it on his car, has no complain with it.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did mine with the Mobile-1 Extened life filter....Don't believe 3000 mile oil changes are necessary..I usually go 5000 miles to 7500 miles between changes and have for many years..................
First time with this filter...,mainly used Fram in the past.