What is the cut-off date for the RF45E or whatnot transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prest989

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the 02s have the RF45 or something like trasmission, but what was the cut-off date for that? My 2003 was manufactured in October of 02, and want to know what transmission is in it...

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What, 2003KJ hasn't posted yet? His KJ may have very well been the first one off the line with a 42RLE instead of the 45RFE. I'm sure he'll chime in with his build date.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Oh i'm almost certain mine's the 1st one with the 42RLE in it....build date of 05/03 :rolleyes:

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think some of this may be wrong now. i am finding out my liberty has the 42RLE and I believe my build date is in April 03...

Tim, where do I find the build date again? I will look, but I just found the original window sticker for the truck and it says 42RLE

2003KJ

Reaction score
i think some of this may be wrong now. i am finding out my liberty has the 42RLE and I believe my build date is in April 03...

Tim, where do I find the build date again? I will look, but I just found the original window sticker for the truck and it says 42RLE

Look for the sticker on the drivers door. You'll see 04/03 in about the center of the sticker if it's an April build date (if not you'll see whatever corresponding month, followed by 03).

If you want to know the exact day and time, look towards the bottom left corner of the sticker and you'll see an "MDH" number. MDH stands for Month-Day-Hour. For example, if the MDH reads 041508 that would mean your Jeep was build in April (04) on the 15th day (15) at 8am (08...military time)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
HOWEVER... we have had reports of KJs with the 45RFE and a May build date. It is POSSIBLE that both were run. This may be something that we will never know. What we need is someone from TNAP to tell us what THEY know.

Latest posts

Members online