What does this cap go to? '02 Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redconalpha

Reaction score
Anybody know what the attached picture is? I was changing spark plugs in my '02 Lib and in prepping, I sucked up some leaves from around the intake. Also, I sucked around the three plug coil packs (I think they're called that) on the passenger side and this thing stuck to the end of the vacuum hose.

It looks like some sort of a cap, but I wasn't able to figure out where it came from. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 100_1314.jpg
    100_1314.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 210

redconalpha

Reaction score
attachment.php

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the 710 cap.
That's not even close to the 710 cap. My guess is it's off the starboard frammis valve, but I could be wrong. Good thing you found it, cuz if the frammis valve stays uncovered too long you could get excess atmosphere in the MALF circuit then you'd really be hosed. Although that one looks a bit chewed up, might be a good idea to toss it and get a new one at the dealer ;)

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not even close to the 710 cap. My guess is it's off the starboard frammis valve, but I could be wrong. Good thing you found it, cuz if the frammis valve stays uncovered too long you could get excess atmosphere in the MALF circuit then you'd really be hosed. Although that one looks a bit chewed up, might be a good idea to toss it and get a new one at the dealer ;)

If that's the case, you'd be much better off getting two,
in case you were to lose another one. Better safe than sorry.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found stuff similar to that when i was working near bulkhead.No idea what they are though.
You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh crap you're right this is a 710 cap.

Might go to the Kuhneutson Valve.

Seriously I have no idea, I cannot find it anywhere on my Jeep. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, in all seriousness it's probably off a part that was installed at the factory, dealer or by a previous owner (if there was one). Same with the one's in the photo from Jimmy Jeep - the two white/frosted ones look like they covered up some openings in the firewall or something, then when they were removed they got left behind. Things that are meant to stay on the vehicle are normally molded of a thicker, denser plastic that can take years of exposure to the elements.

Midnight, love the pic of the Kuhneutson Valve :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are finding some strange non-jeep stuff.

I think a squirrel has been making deposits in your engine bay.......:D

Other than that, I like midnight's "710 cap"......:D

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Anybody know where I can get a "fleeman pin" for my "phobostadt modulator" ....it's affecting the "snooze control" button on my steering wheel so every time I try to set it all I get is a "clunk"..........maybe one of those pieces was holding it all together......:D

Dave

Mike64

Reaction score
I think this is just the cover for one of the battery terminals. The reason, why you can't find it in every KJ, is that not everyone has the same battery installed. Usualy it covers the plus terminal. The pin on the right side is attached to a hole in the battery and holds it in place. This pin is a little bit broken. So the cover fell off and stucked where you found it.

Mike