What do you clean the door panels & handles with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My liberty limited has beige interior (door panels, handles, trims) and they got a bit dirty over time although i did clean them -just have not had the time to do the detail work past year and a half), I tried armor all wipes and meguiars wipes, they don't seem to come off easily from the panels, while they come off a bit (not complete) better from the door handles, as they look like pure plastic while door panels are kind of foam material.

I don't want to mess it up or melt it by using household cleaners, but what did you clean yours with?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have scuff marks or something near the bottom use a "magic eraser". They work real good. Other than that I have been using McGuires interior detailer. It is ok. Not fantastic, but ok. When I run out I will look for something else.

Dave

george0029

Reaction score
At the shop I work at, we use magic erasers for light scuffs and dirt too.
For tougher stuff I usually take a Scotchbrite scour pad and some Meguiars either "Super Degreaser" or "All Purpose Cleaner".
Not sure if those are available to consumers or just commercially though.
The scour pads however I highly recommend, just start lightly because you don't want to take the paint off.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can order the above stuff on line.

I use leather cleaner...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i will pick up a magic eraser (if my wife did not finish the pack we bought).
HJ, leather cleaner for the door trims?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that it is leather.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean, the top portions, that's what I have, light gray interior color matching the leather seats, but that is nowhere near leather. Probably fake leather, but even not a successful one at that. It is like foam.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so we will call it pleather ;) I used leather cleaner on mine when I got it and it got a lot of the grime off, now I just wipe it down with meguires leather wipes when I was the truck and it works good.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean, the top portions, that's what I have, light gray interior color matching the leather seats, but that is nowhere near leather. Probably fake leather, but even not a successful one at that. It is like foam.

That's what I thought. Mine is tan to match the seats but I dought it is leather. Even the leather seats are a cheaper grade of leather compared to my Son's Cayenne but that's a $80,000+ vehicle .....big difference.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i will pick up a magic eraser (if my wife did not finish the pack we bought).
HJ, leather cleaner for the door trims?

Yep....it's not leather, but it's soft and pourus like leather, so...