Went to the junk yard today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found 7 Jeep Liberty's there, I was looking for a front drive shaft and found one $40... Lots of parts there all of the had bad engines . I also need a driver seat but all were ripped or leather. Headed back tomorrow need a tail light the aftermarket one that was on the truck wiring plug is junk.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any chance you can pick up a small part for me? :D TIA
just need the plastic square cover that hides the screw by the inside door handle.

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds lots of good stuffs on the yard. Take some pics too!

DennisG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was under the Jeep today

Was under the Jeep today checking out the brakes, and looked up and found a hide-a-key box opened it up and there was a new key for the jeep. it' started the jeep but it shut off after a about 15-30 seconds any idea's on this.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was under the Jeep today checking out the brakes, and looked up and found a hide-a-key box opened it up and there was a new key for the jeep. it' started the jeep but it shut off after a about 15-30 seconds any idea's on this.

Probably not "programmed" for the vehicle. Not a bad idea. Will only unlock the doors if you lock your real key inside. If someone doesn't have the "other" key they can't steal your KJ if they find that one. My guess. :shrug:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Probably not "programmed" for the vehicle. Not a bad idea. Will only unlock the doors if you lock your real key inside. If someone doesn't have the "other" key they can't steal your KJ if they find that one. My guess. :shrug:

I did that with a key on my keyring. It only works as a door key. My East Canada friends wouldn't grind me one because it makes the computer barf to keep it from being stolen. "Store policy... People are SO angry when our key made them buy a new computer." Long time ago but it was some amount of tries in a certain amount of time would kill it.

Seems like the start/run/die thing would be encouraging. Mine did that due to unconnected electrical connector. Sentry system?

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post what you need and I'll be going again,

Dennis,

Made it back to that junk yard yet? Just noticed the rear head rests are missing on our 2002 Limited so in addition to the chrome ring around the door lock, a pair of rear head rests in "taupe" leather are on my list and a cargo cover. :)

Scott

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a driver seat recline mechanism lever and everything

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dennis, if you're still taking parts-lists for people... I could use the lower left drivers side kick panel.. the one around the hood release latch, in black.

Maybe see how much they charge for a working front left door latch mechanism as well.. mine squeals when the power locks are activated.