Well I am taking the plunge and going to SFA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darwin

Reaction score
Living in Lombard IL, Wishing it was Red Wing MN,
I have decided after 105,000 miles (about half of that lifted and wheeled) that I am going to do an SFA swap.....the easy way..... I am going to be getting a JKU sport...... nana.gif leghump.gif .....mostly cause a small group of very trusted mechanics that my family and I have been going to for 30 years have given the Heep til august if I am lucky to live....

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, 105,000. That would mean if have *tap*tap*tap about 1 year and 3 months left of driving before I'd have to retire mine. Crap, I barely got mine paid off last September.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, 105,000. That would mean if have *tap*tap*tap about 1 year and 3 months left of driving before I'd have to retire mine. Crap, I barely got mine paid off last September.

about 150 miles from 160,000 miles here. If you take care of your KJ you have NOTHING to worry about.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm worried deeply about mine....

.....that by the time it hits 200k, the paint will be rubbed off.... :D

Jeep-I-Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Memphis, TN where there is more mud than mounta
With proper care and excessive modification you can keep anything running strong.:D What is the real reason for loosing the Libby? What is so terminal? Engine? Then ungrade:p. Transmission? Convert to 6 speed manual. Every breakdown is an oprotunity to upgrade.(biggthumpup)

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Some dealership "friend" talked you into trading it in for a "great deal" after they told you it is on its last legs? :confused: So they want their name attached to that lemon as a resell, or is the great deal going straight auction?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have decided after 105,000 miles (about half of that lifted and wheeled) that I am going to do an SFA swap.....the easy way..... I am going to be getting a JKU sport...... nana.gif leghump.gif .....mostly cause a small group of very trusted mechanics that my family and I have been going to for 30 years have given the Heep til august if I am lucky to live....

So exactly what did they say was wrong with it and how did they determine that in August it will take it's final breath?

Dave

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So exactly what did they say was wrong with it and how did they determine that in August it will take it's final breath?

Dave

probably in august the 2011's show up... good way to get your inventory flowing