Weird Occurance..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get this message all the time, since Jaine likes to complain and all. But something peculiar happened today..

I was driving down the road just a block from my house when the message on the dome "Bad/Missing Tire Sensor(s)" Light came on. Simultaneously, all the lights on the dashboard lit up, just like when you start your KJ up. And then they all faded away one by one.

Even "Seatbelt" and "Cruise Control" lights came on. It was odd..

I checked Jaine for codes this afternoon and nothing showed up. Im hoping Im not getting any electrical issues.. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your various gauges also go crazy ie. the speedo, tach fuel and temp gauges?

I had all the lights go on the console, gauges go crazy and a "Ping"...I do not have the onboard computer display.

Turned out there was a charging problem and the charge voltage went up to 17 volts at which stage the ECM shutdown. If you get this happening more often and you do not get any codes then plug a voltmeter in the cigar lighter to monitor the voltage while driving.

Could be an intermittant bad connection on the PCI communications Bus....try re-plugging the connectors on the PCM, BCM, EVIC etc. and re-plug all fuses.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm told these Jeeps get all kinds of buggy electrical issues when the battery starts to go. I know for a fact they are very sensitive to battery issues in general. Have the battery tested just in case.

archep

Reaction score
i have had the same problem but i went straight to the repair shop becasue i was about to embark on a long drive trip so i didnt wanna risk having any problems along the way, it would be a lot ore difficult if i will have to be towed. they say it is an electrical issue and it was resolved in no time actually. if you experience this again i suggest that you have it checked just to be sure.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 for battery/alt Chryslers are known for being very goofy when those two are not working properly.