Weird incident on the way to work this morning...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtalef

Reaction score
On the freeway this morning I was cruising about 65 mph and getting ready to pass someone. I hit the throttle and ... ... ... nothing. It was like the Jeep was stuck in gear and wouldn't downshift. Hmm... then the check engine light flashed twice. I let off the throttle and then re-applied throttle and the Jeep downshifted properly and passed.

My first guess is a dirty throttle body but, I cleaned it out at 30K, I'm at 51K now, maybe it's due?

Other thoughts? I'm not too concerned about it since the Jeep operated fine the rest of the way to work.

Oh, the strangest part of this whole incident though was the night prior I had a dream that my Liberty had a "bad motherboard" and the dealer said it would cost $5,327 to fix it... ha ha. :-s

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jtalef said:
I had a dream that my Liberty had a "bad motherboard" and the dealer said it would cost $5,327 to fix it... ha ha. :-s

That sounds exactly like something a dealer would do too! :^o :^o

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you won't have that dream come true!

When was the last time you had the transmission fluid changed? Autos are actually new to me... my two Jeeps are the first Autos I've owned.

Also, see if you can get the codes off it (see the link in the How To thread).

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online