Weird electrical stuffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some weird stuff going on here thats getting me a little worried...
05 Limited, 185ishK:
The radio has been sketchy since we bought it (about a year ago)...it has always randomly failed, losing the time, presets, etc, but now its died altogether. Havent been too worried about it because I ust figured its a bad radio and needs to be replaced so whatever. Oh yeah, it also only powers the P side speakers, which also led me to believe its the HU itself.
Whats got me worried is some other freaky stuff just starting recently...
-First the wiper fluid pump stopped working...Ive been assuming that I jsut need to replace the pump, but havent had time to do any real troubleshooting yet.
-Next, the overhead lights failed altogether at the same time as the radio, and also the electric door locks stopped working unless the key was in and turned. Additionally, the headlight function changed; they headlights now turn themselves off when the key goes to off, whereas in the past they would stay on until the headlight switch was turned to off. These four items are still messed up. I would guess a common fuse, but dont understand why the locks or headlights would work at all if that were the case...
-Third the EVIC started freezing...it would lock in on the wrong temperature and direction, and just stay there. This has happened twice...turning off and on did not fix the problem, it just fixed itself. Dont know if pushing buttons would have done anything or not, as it was not tried. This happened a few days after the lights/locks/radio failure.

Any thoughts?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Install a NEW battery as a starting point. Libby systems are very touchy about the battery.

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had some weird stuff which were fixed when the battery was changed. jeep gets all cranky.

- horn honked randomly when parked and off
- headlights would flash off and on while driving or coming to a stop.
- air flow transition from floor to windshield and/or other vent was slow or not responsive.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to check fuses today...didn't find anything blown, but when I reinstalled fuse #34 after checking it, the lights, locks, and radio all started working again. I didnt notice it loose when I pulled it so that was weird...maybe dirty contacts? IDK.

Branden

Reaction score
I just installed a new sound system in my jeep liberty and when i drilled through the metal plate below the steering wheel i may of hit a wire and now all i have is highbeams and no power to my power seats but the heating works on them .. any ideas if it is the wire or fuse ?? or something to do with the battery connection?