weird electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cucmd1

Reaction score
I've got less than 1000 miles on an 06 Renegade, and already had it back once to the dealer, who was unsuccessful in fixing it. What's happening is a random click like the turn signal is on. It might make one click every thirty seconds, non for a day, or start clicking like a machine gun for a 10-15 second burst. At night when I've turned the fog lights on and it started clicking they acted like strobe lights. The dealer said they ran a full electrical check and everything looked good, and they checked are fuses and even tried to see if any appeared loose like the board could have been messed up. Any ideas? It's going back probably this Thursday or Friday (brakes are messed up too). Thanks,

Clay (Aeh)

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry your having trouble, but don't loose hope! Low mileage = Warranty!

I'm gonna take a WAG (wild ass guess) but it sounds like there's an intermittent wire, or whole bundle, somewhere. Either a bad connection/connector or it's cut/shorted somewhere. Being such a new jeep, i would guess that something's not pushed in all the way and only making intermittent contact, probally enough to pass the diagnostic, but not function right 100% of the time. Hopefully the dealer can sort it out.