We REALLY don't need no stinkin badges!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so I ordered myself a Trail Rated badge from a dealer and it arrived today. It surprised me a little when I found out how flimsy and cheap it was. All this time I was under the impression that this was like 1/4 inch thick badge, made of hard plastic (or metal) and it turns out to be this crappy cracker jack prize that's about 1/16 of an inch thick?

Is everyone elses like this? I ordered the badge for the 05 model year even though I have an 03 because it actually is a different tint according to the dealer.

Are they all this thin and cheap? Please tell me I didn't get ripped off!

2003KJ

Reaction score
yeah they're pretty thin. Something real thick wouldn't stick to the side, it would fall right back off. Mines survived many a wash with the pressure washer though, so their tougher than they look.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AtlanticLiberty said:
I ordered the badge for the 05 model year even though I have an 03 because it actually is a different tint according to the dealer.

Are they all this thin and cheap? Please tell me I didn't get ripped off!

The one I ordered about 1 1/2 years ago was also of the "crackerjack prize" variety. These are the original badges used on the 03 & 04 models. I think DC went with the thick chrome-look badges in 2005. They're probably just getting rid of the surplus "cheap-o" badges.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. It turns out you're right. They switched badges for 05 and the one I was sent was 04. They're sending me an 05 badge (thicker and better quality). I'll post pics of the two for comparision once it arrives in case anyone else runs across the same issues.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we had a discussion after the cape-cod run a few weeks ago - we noticed that there is a significant side-by-side difference between the trailrated badge on the 05 and on previous models. The 05 badge is very thick and looks pretty sturdy - the older ones look like a thick sticker.