Water under passenger side floor mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
(No, it is not rain, puddles or anything from the outside) Should I assume this is from the A/C condesation line? It is dripping properly to the outside, but about 50% or so is inside. Is it possible that driving at highway speeds for over an hour is pushing the water inside the jeep? Anyway to fix this? Thanks

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(No, it is not rain, puddles or anything from the outside) Should I assume this is from the A/C condesation line? It is dripping properly to the outside, but about 50% or so is inside. Is it possible that driving at highway speeds for over an hour is pushing the water inside the jeep? Anyway to fix this? Thanks

first I would see if the drainage line is clogged or in your case 50% clogged. look near the bottom of the engine bay on the passenger side (approximately where you would see the puddles normally). Run a piece of wire up into the tube that is under there. Your exchanger might be all crudded up too causing some of the condensation to just drip off where it shouldn't. Sounds like it is filling up and when you drive it is sloshing it out or something like that.

You should have a good puddle only after a few minutes under the jeep depending on how humid it is outside.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem when it was the wife's. The orifice tube for the AC gets clogged up really easy, and the condensation has no place to go but to run down into the passenger side of the cabin.

Had to use an entire can of compressed cleaner and a little plumber's brush and a cut up toothbrush to get all the crud out and it stopped doing it for a couple summers. Happened again and repeated the same procedure but thinking it's definitely a design flaw and the orifice needs to be changed out - or extended or something - recall a mod for that, but came up blank searching the forums...

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I will get some wire when I get home. I did not want to damage anything by sticking a wire through that drain. It seems to me it should have an elbow on it, (or maybe it does and mine is gone) that would direct condensation down...

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 04 Liberty but I doubt it's the AC. Here in Canada we only run the AC for a week in August sometime :icon_lol:

I suspect on my Libby that it's the weather strip on the passenger's side door. This winter I found ice in the weather strip.