Water Pump Blues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coastgardsman

Reaction score
Has anyone had to change their water pumps out before 40k? Mine just decided to go out 500miles past the warraranty. 52.00 for the pump, 60.00 for the fan clutch, i was p.o...

2003KJ

Reaction score
That sounds ALOT early. WP's should last much much more than 40K. What were your symptoms when it went south?

sprsonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we've had w/p's go bad and leak on the lot before selling. some 05-06 kj's w/3.7 engine. ***** its out of warranty, 500 miles out of warranty, id have slid it through for you.

Neal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My water pump seal leaked at 5k on 05 -- sand left in block casting

coastgardsman

Reaction score
Yeah along with the whole bad computer codes, I can somewhat think why it went out so early. It flooded down here a couple of weeks ago on my way back to base. I was driving in water up to the door for about 2 hours. I figure the fan had a hard time pushing that water out of the way, thus straining the pump and bearing....but other than that, i am real satisfied on my jeep. There were times where i thought i was going to float away and get stranded. She went through it all like a charm in 2wd