Water on passenger side floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tistanle

Reaction score
Thought I had a heater core problem. When I lifted the carpet on the passenger side, It was just water. Any ideas. doesn't look like there are any leaks.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you pressure tested the cooling system? that would be the only way to know for sure it is not the heater core, (other than ripping the dash apart to visually check).

if it is definitely not the core my first bit of advice would check the condensate drip tube for obstructions. next would be to check the hvac intake for evidence of leaks. then I would check sunroof drain tubes (if you have a sunroof).

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Condensate drain clogged. Common Chrysler issue.

ruzty

Reaction score
As mentioned above least troublsome scenario is clogged AC drain tube or it might be the same condensate, which is blown back in by up wind from under the hood while driving. To fix it It needs to be extended by inserting in it aprov 20 cm pastic tube.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the AC drain and also the sunroof drains? I have both and would like to be ready in case needed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Common problem ? The hose comes out and turns down
02s may have been that way have to look but common issue it is not or you would hear more about it :shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the AC drain and also the sunroof drains? I have both and would like to be ready in case needed.

AC drain, passenger side firewall, tube comes out and turns down easy to see if you look down past the engine

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wet floor syndrome is common enough that Chrysler issued TSB's for a couple/few different models with the straight drain pipe. The issue they claim is that water can run along the bottom of the drain and back into the cabin, the drop hose takes care of that. But, my 02 has a turned down hose, and perhaps later years still do as well unless Chrysler cheaped out (like that ever happens). If this one has a drop, then I'd suspect the drain is plugged since the water can't run back in.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arrrggh me matey! I need yuurr scupper locations for the scurvy renegade!

tistanle

Reaction score
silly question, but how do you unclog the drain tube? I extended it by putting some tubing on it, but it is still leaking