vibration on rear driver side bumper/fender combination

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is yours loose? I feel that it is getting noisier.. Everytime I close the tailgate or the swingglass a bit harder i hear it vibrate, something under there, the spot where bumper joins the fender, it vibrates and stops..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
nobody has this rattle? It just goes away and comes back time to time, there might be something loose down there that sits in place time to time. I hear it most when I slam drivers door or the rear gate..

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard a rattle like that on mine too, but I assumed it was the license plate rattling when I shut my door. I haven't paid too much attention to it though......I try to tune out rattles cuz all they do is irritate me!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
'04 - yup, did it.
'05 - yup, does it.
'06 - yup, does it.

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm so used to hearing it, that I had to sit here and think about what "rattle" you were talking about.

Personally I think it's the gas cap. I could be wrong... been wrong before.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I guess I'm so used to those little 'noises' that I don't even notice it. Of course, the steadily increasing tinnitus might be masking some stuff as well... :-s

Guess I'll have to take some time to see if mine actually does that.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same rattles, same way to ignore them...turning up the radio.

However, I do want to tackle the rear rattle sometime soon as it is very annoying when I do not have music up because I have passengers.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the volume is up, I love my jeep. It is so sweet to accel, take turns, no rattles.. I don't know how high vol makes it take turns better (maybe because the loose stuff in my cargo is not audible, that's why), and also the high engine rpm gets silent so you keep pushing it.. Feels like it leaps better.

But this rattle comes from somewhere near bumper/fender. If you move that fender, just shake it a bit, you will hear a similar noise. The fender and bumpers are not completely secured, they move around. I hear similar noise when I am idling or backing up when the engine is cold (high idle rpm)

I totally agree with the noises in the jeep, it is one circus in there. :) Sometimes I just point my ear like a bloodhound and try to detect where a certain noise is coming from. They all seem to disappear during weekend when I get in my jeep with purpose of locating and fastening whatever is loose (recently I started hearing something from the seatbelt adjuster on the pillar)