Upper A-Arms and spring Kissing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking under the Jeep I found that my LH side Upper ball joint is damaged. There is a small tear due to excessive rubbing on my spring. I have a 2" lift and never really thought about checking this area. I must have been immune to the clank noises that is made when the A-arm clashes with the spring. Anywho, I will be ordering Al's A-Arms which will accomodate the installation of my Rancho struts/shocks that I have recently purchased (but not intsalled).

I took some pictures of the affected area:
You must be registered for see images

I can only assume that Al's A-Arms will extend the Arm outwards in order to give the clearance needed. With the addition of the A-Arms and new struts I will need an alignment. But will the shop be able to give me the needed alignment? Has anyone had problems with alignment after installing the A-Arms.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still havent got an alignment yet. *shrug*

I am waiting until I have some extra money to buy my new Moog tie rod ends, then I will install them and my LBJS and have it aligned when I finish that, so I wont have to do it now and then again.

(but I've already put 1000 miles on since the lift and arms.)

I rounded the nice sharp edges of my bfgs off because of my procrastination.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog makes tierod ends for out libby miah? I didnt know this. How much are they?

Didnt that lift some with new springs MoladoGuy? Did it also come with front shocks? Im confused as to why you are getting UBJC...

Al's arm should fix your problem. Be sure to tell him that you have a 2" lift, his arms may be made for a lift with more lift. 8-[

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Moog makes tierod ends for out libby miah? I didnt know this. How much are they?

Didnt that lift some with new springs MoladoGuy? Did it also come with front shocks? Im confused as to why you are getting UBJC...

Al's arm should fix your problem. Be sure to tell him that you have a 2" lift, his arms may be made for a lift with more lift. 8-[

Yes they apparently just hit the catalogs about a month ago, literally days after Phil was told "not available" by the same guy who foudn them for me, LOL!

Anyway, something like $40 a piece.

Mine are shot anyway, so it must be done....eventually

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:

Yes, they came with 2" springs. I think it has something to do with my clevis lift that I did (increased by nearly .5"). When I install all of my components I will not be doing the Clevis lift.

jeepjeepster said:
Al's arm should fix your problem. Be sure to tell him that you have a 2" lift, his arms may be made for a lift with more lift.

Yea, it should fix the problem. But I have a trashed ball joint as well which is leaking. So it's inevitable that I will be buying his A-arms.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.