Unsecured Flip-Up Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just realized accidentally yesterday that the Flip-up window can unlatch even if the alarm has been enabled on the Jeep. I don't find that secured at all because you can "accidentally" hit the flip window if your fumbling for to activate the alarm. If you don't look at the vehicle as you arm and walk away, who knows if you might hit the flip-window. (Aeh) In conclusion, anyone can access your cargo/trunk and even climb inside. I'm assuming the trunk door will still be locked. Worse case scenario, some looter might just help themselves to your prized cargo.

Surely Jeep could have designed the alarm that doesn't allow the window to flip open unless the alarm is disabled.

Just my two bits.

rob

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i think you can set how long you hold the button before it pops open.
from instant to a few seconds..(check your manual)
I have an aftermarket alarm system, and if the glass does pop open after i armed my alarm, then the alarm will go off. the thing has such a short range anyway, that if you do press it by accident, after.....you'd probably hear it...
i made it a habit to look at her while i'm leaving...just to make sure

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 05 I have to push the rear window release button twice for it to open, my dislike is that the rear window and panic are opposite each other and with the the fob turned the wrong way it is easy to push the wrong button if you are not looking at the fob.

Bob

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whats he tring to say here, that u can open the rear glass after uve locked the doors, or u can open the glass and lock the jeep? I can understand both of those being normal, ive never once accidentally opened the rear glass when ive not ment to.

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
So whats he trying to say here, that u can open the rear glass after uve locked the doors

That's correct, you can open the window at anytime regardless if the alarm is enabled.

rob

jctoth

Reaction score
Pressing the tailgate release button is no different than pushing the door unlock button. Both buttons disable the alarm. If you are concerned about accidentally hitting the tailgate release and thereby leaving your KJ venerable then go here and reprogram your remote so that the tailgate release button must be pressed AND held before the tailgate is released. I hope this helps.