umm another blown o2 kj??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pominajeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Firstly what a fantastic resource to us noobies!!
i am in the process of removing the donk, already read the thread on removing the ****** due to not being able to turn the crank for tc bolts!!
but i need to remove the big fan from the front of the motor, what size spanner is it, and which way to lossen it, guess it will be pretty hard with the belt already off.
on the subject of the tc, can i just lift the motor out without removing the 4 bolts, so the tc comes out with the motor, to avoid removing the ******???

thanks in advance to those in the know!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fan clutch is a 36mm wrench,there normal threads so counter clockwise to loosen and yes it can be a bear to remove.Yes you can just pull the torque converter out of the trans still attached to the flex plate,just will make a nice mess everywhere is all.

pominajeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the swift reply bud, i wish i lived in the u.s, seeing the prices of engines there makes me sooo jealous, i live in australia, and a recon motor is $5900 u.s!!!
might be cheaper to import one!!
dont know whether to rebuild or replace, guess i will have to see the damage when i get the thing out!

Latest posts

Members online