UConnect phone problems, help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCSEIN

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2009 liberty limited and when I use the Uconnect phone I get an echo of my side of the call, I have tried moving my phone so it is not in line with the mic and that didn't help, any ideas?

Also after I paired my phone I gave it a name, but each time I sync up again the system defaults to the phones model number and doesn't keep my name I assigned.

Thanks
Sam

DnvrJeepGuy

Reaction score
If your phone is using 3G, it seems to be a common issue. I have an iPhone 3G and if it is using the 3G band, I can notice an echo, but if the phone is using EDGE, it doesn't echo. It was reduced by a recent software update on the phone, so if you have the ability to update your phone's software, it might be worth a try.

No idea on the name thing - my UConnect doesn't do that - it seemed to remember the name I gave it with no problem. In fact, I didn't know it would say the phone model name - I thought you had to give it a name... :) You could try deleting the phone from the UConnect and re-pair it and see if it stores the name.