Tyre Rub Or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if 255/55/19 tyres would cause any clearance issues.
The wheels are avaliable through stealerships and thats the tyre size they specify.I'm thinking 255 is quite a big difference from stock 235's.Thankyou.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
255 is a bit on the large side. With the 55 sidewalls and a 19" rim you're right at 30" diameter, so functionally they will fit in the wheel well, but you'll probably have quite a bit of rubbing on the front and rear of the wells (fog light access cover and pinch weld respectively), plus I think you're pretty much guaranteed to have some rubbing on the control arms. Anyone running the wider tires can tell you for sure. Hope you get it sorted out and if you get them, post the obligatory pics :D

EDIT: any more specs on the rims? Width, backspace, etc? That will help answer some of the questions on rubbing.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi again does anyone know if these are going to rub before i invest my hard earned?
Wheel size: 8.5 x 19 ET 32 pitch diameter: 5 x 114.3 the tyres they recommend are 255/55/19 ,if i could locate 245/55/19 would they be better or am i going to have problems with rubbing .By the way these wheels are startech and are designed (allegedly) for the Kj and are available through stealerships.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may not rub but with that low pro. side wall they will ride like poop
I would stay with a 16 or 17 rim not a 19"
IMO the 19" rims are all about the "bling"

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have got 16" and 17" wheels just fancied something different do you really think the ride will suffer with 50 profile as opposed to 65 or 70?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online