type 41 for liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikechen2627

Reaction score
Just got a 2005 jeep liberty. Everything is fine except there is a light "type 41" will turn on on the instrument panel after I use the 4H mode. Mine is calibrated by kilometers. Only get some answers for "type 43" while searching online. It seems not much people got the "type 41" which make me very worried.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG!!!! A type 43 error!!!! That means your KJ is going to explode soon!! LOL!!! J/K!!!

Its not an error, each instrument cluster has a different type number.

Welcome to Jeep KJ Country!!! :D

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG!!!! A type 43 error!!!! That means your KJ is going to explode soon!! LOL!!! J/K!!!

Its not an error, each instrument cluster has a different type number.

Welcome to Jeep KJ Country!!! :D

Nope the OP has a type 41 error!!!! That means that his KJ is going to implode soon not explode!!! :D

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, thats not a light. it is indeed printed on there. but in certain light it looks like it is glowing, so i know what you mean. i did a double take the first couple times too.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is this shown, I never noticed it before.

this is the best image i could find online. its right below the speedometer and above the odometer in the black area. in this low-res photo it just appears as a faint red line.

You must be registered for see images

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a better photo courtesy of JeepJeepster's Shes getting old... thread!

You must be registered for see images attach

Maverick7321/JeepJeepster, Doing 70mph on the road and take'n pics of your dash!!!:eek:(dropmouth) And I thought the Divers in S. California were bad... LOL! Just playin with ya. Just curious?:confused: Why your RPM's so high at only 70 MPH?

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maverick7321/JeepJeepster, Doing 70mph on the road and take'n pics of your dash!!!:eek:(dropmouth) And I thought the Divers in S. California were bad... LOL! Just playin with ya. Just curious?:confused: Why your RPM's so high at only 70 MPH?

haha, I was just about to post that pic!

I was going up a hill so the torque was unlocked in 4th. Think I had cruise set, it always unlocks the torque on a hill.

Normal RPM's at 75mph:

You must be registered for see images attach

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like seeing those rpms on a 2002 with the 45rfe.. Wish I turned a few more rpms, it would help some going up hills and things..

And that thread I made was a joke.. My jeep is 5 years old an it has 35k miles. :)

Latest posts

Members online