Trouble Starting When Warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJohn826

Reaction score
I’m gonna try this tomorrow. If this actually works…!!! But it wouldn’t surprise me because I have maintained that since these cars don’t start with this issue, some component must have changed over time to cause it to begin happening. Will report back.

BigJohn826

Reaction score
Mine had also slipped down. I moved it back up. I will report back later, if this has improved my issue.

Attachments

• 1CD02BFB-D74C-441F-AFE0-D74BD9AD51D9.jpeg
    1CD02BFB-D74C-441F-AFE0-D74BD9AD51D9.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 16
  • 152986EB-9A8F-4C07-A271-E25A34DD5767.jpeg
    152986EB-9A8F-4C07-A271-E25A34DD5767.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 15

kdx kawboy

Reaction score
My 2012 Liberty developed the same problem. Get it warmed up to temp, stop for 10 minutes and when you try to start the engine it misfires, stumbles and dies. Try to start the engine a second time and it fires right up like nothing was wrong. No error codes pop and the check engine light stays off. In my case, once I was able to come up with the repeatable scenario, I was able to use the live data on Code Reader to discover the O2 sensors were acting like the engine was rich on the bad startup. With that info I took the Jeep to my local genius Mechanic. It took him 7 times of repeating the problem to zero in on the cause. During the first 6 times his diagnostic equipment was showing a rich condition on the bad startup. For the seventh try, after getting the engine ready to trigger the problem he pulled all the spark plugs, cranked the engine after 10 minutes and put a camera down each spark plug and discovered 3 injectors that were sticking such that gas was leaking into the cylinder instead of being sprayed. The fuel pump pressure was also on the low side so decided to replace it, along with the injectors.

Mischief managed

Latest posts

Members online