Transmission Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LibertyTC sorry old thread but I saw you had the photo here of the PML transmission pan. Is it worth the cost? Any issues with the drain plug?

I’m really considering one for my ‘04 (42RLE as well) just haven’t bit the bullet on the ~$300 or so.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say that the 42RLE transmission pan is worth it. Since I installed one, I've never seen a Transmission Temp light again.
Even pulling a boat in summer, no problem. The PML pan does not get anywhere near as hot, compared to a stamped steel pan.
Drain plug is magnetic and I believe they may have updated it to a one piece, without the loose fitting washer, but I could be wrong.
My install was about 12+ years ago now, and the looser fitting washer had to be centered, that was all it needed anyways.
I used the LubeLocker 42RLE gasket & follow the torque specs. I also have the Mopar transmission pan skid plate installed as well.

Attachments

• LubeLocker 42RLE Specs.jpg
    LubeLocker 42RLE Specs.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 3

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that the 42RLE transmission pan is worth it. Since I installed one, I've never seen a Transmission Temp light again.
Even pulling a boat in summer, no problem. The PML pan does not get anywhere near as hot, compared to a stamped steel pan.
Drain plug is magnetic and I believe they may have updated it to a one piece, without the loose fitting washer, but I could be wrong.
My install was about 12+ years ago now, and the looser fitting washer had to be centered, that was all it needed anyways.
I used the LubeLocker 42RLE gasket & follow the torque specs. I also have the Mopar transmission pan skid plate installed as well.
Oh wow 12 years and still going, that says it all. Good to know, appreciate the info!
I’ll look up that fixed gasket too, had not heard of it. I just did a fluid+filter change last month and the RTV stuff is always messy. That’s much preferable.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hmm. Added to my to do list. Now to find one.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The lubeLocker gasket can be found at 4 Wheel Parts, Summit Racing, Quadratec.
They also can be re-used twice, and a LL gasket can be found for the 8.25 rear diff as well.

Attachments

• LubeLocker Rear Diff .jpg
    LubeLocker Rear Diff .jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 2