Transfer Case Skid Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickmv

Reaction score
I just got a 2004 Liberty Sport 4x4. Anyways, I'm looking to install a skid for the transfer case. Most of the reviews say that no drilling is required, but a few say it is. Is there some way I can tell whether drilling will be required. I'm gonna get the one from Mopar at my local dealership, if that helps?
Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I had a 95 XJ and loved it, and I didn't think I'd like the KJ, but I'm already loving it. It's good to see there's a support group for KJ users just like the XJ forums at JU and jeepforums.com

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go get the skid and see if the holes line up. If they do, then you probably don't need to drill.

nickmv

Reaction score
well, I was kinda hoping I could find out BEFORE I buy the skid. Is there any way I can check?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should line up just fine if you get it from the dealer. Only skid ive ever heard of thats from mopar and needs to be drilled is the 2005 ****** skid on a pre-2005 libby.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the skid is for an 04, it comes with nut zerts and bolts. No drilling required!

Straight6Jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just intalled all the plates this weekend. No drilling required on my 05. Had to intall 6 nutzerts, which were provided with the plates. The transmission plate is a nice piece. It has tabs on the plate to hold it and the oil pan plate up while intalling the bolts...no balancing act required. Plus, it is nice to know that if the bolts sheer off, the plates won't drop down.

nickmv

Reaction score
Well I went to the dealership and they ordered the part. I assume this comes with the bolts and nutzerts for installing? They ordered part #82209455

nickmv

Reaction score
nevermind, didnt read 2 posts up. It comes in tomorrow....now if the damn rain will stop I can get it installed.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was mopar one. I needed to drill one of the front holes as they didn't line up. It was no problem though.

Ian

Latest posts

Members online