Trans shift to OD at 40mph 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to adjust the trans shifting points without an aftermarket chip? Is this a common issue? It will downshift if I push the petal but just driving around town it seems to bog down.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't you hit the OD off button on the shifter, or does the 07 not have it? i only use the OD when cruising on the highway. With the DC traffic, half the time the OD is off even on the highway.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^like ltd02 said, I also just hit the O/D lockout button when necessary and then when I get to go 50+ just hit it again and it will go back to O/D. I-95 is just a parking lot down there around Baltimore and Annapolis and DC/Virginia sometimes. Well, all roads around there at the wrong time are loaded with traffic.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My OD is off 50-60% of the time unless I'm on the freeway !
Pulling the trailers/ long hills its off,
But do you have larger tires that could be an issue as well
Regear does wonders to these KJs

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what I'm reading it's a no. No way to adjust when it kicks in. Yeah, I have the button too, it's just a pain to play the manual game. And, I drive D.C. and Baltimore traffic.

Does anyone have a plug in chip in theirs? Don't even know if there is one so I'm asking. I think some have the ability to program shift points.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So what I'm reading it's a no. No way to adjust when it kicks in. Yeah, I have the button too, it's just a pain to play the manual game. And, I drive D.C. and Baltimore traffic.

Does anyone have a plug in chip in theirs? Don't even know if there is one so I'm asking. I think some have the ability to program shift points.

TJKJ MAY CHIME IN HE HAS ONE BUT ,......whoops sorry caps, but in the end how hard is it to click the OD off and go, some days of all I'm doing is driving around town, hitting a short stretch of interstate it stays off . I mean yesterday I came up Fancy Gap on I-77 at 70 plus and OD off purring right along. Kicked OD off at the bottom and ran with it, did the same with the 04 all the time 12 years and 221,000 miles !
Its not like you have to keep kicking it off and on every few minutes or miles

Try it for a few days , you may like LOL

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no aftermarket help to reprogram it. Factory programming is geared towards getting into top gear as quickly as possible for fuel economy. I used to leave OD off in the Jeep (used do it in my truck but I switched from 3.92's to 4.56's so it's no as much an issue anymore) around town and kick it back on once on the highway.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
od off unless I'm going 45 or over consistently

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TJKJ MAY CHIME IN HE HAS ONE BUT ,......whoops sorry caps, but in the end how hard is it to click the OD off and go, some days of all I'm doing is driving around town, hitting a short stretch of interstate it stays off . I mean yesterday I came up Fancy Gap on I-77 at 70 plus and OD off purring right along. Kicked OD off at the bottom and ran with it, did the same with the 04 all the time 12 years and 221,000 miles !
Its not like you have to keep kicking it off and on every few minutes or miles

Try it for a few days , you may like LOL

So what would the RPM's be during the shift progression? Like 0-25 mph = 1200 RPM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So what would the RPM's be during the shift progression? Like 0-25 mph = 1200 RPM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Never pay any attention at all to that, someone may, I know from sound, power, movement etc Look at tach every now and again, like coming up Fancy Gap when running 75 and OD off keep tabs on how high the RPMS are but otherwise , glance but never look exactly

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine downshifts pretty quickly with the Transgo shift kit. Doesn't seem to bog down much. I don't touch the OD off button.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.