****** issues anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvt8474

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Has anyone had their ****** on a KK vibrate shifting from 2nd to 3rd? It almost feels like the ****** isn't quite out of 2nd while it's going into 3rd. Also, at 40-42 mph the thing shifts into high gear, so it's running too low of an rpm to run smoothly. It feels like you're driving a manual in 5th gear at 30 mph. The dealership has went as far as dropping the pan to check for metal shavings and to check the bands, and they say everything is to spec. Any help would be great!

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Has anyone had their ****** on a KK vibrate shifting from 2nd to 3rd? It almost feels like the ****** isn't quite out of 2nd while it's going into 3rd. Also, at 40-42 mph the thing shifts into high gear, so it's running too low of an rpm to run smoothly. It feels like you're driving a manual in 5th gear at 30 mph. The dealership has went as far as dropping the pan to check for metal shavings and to check the bands, and they say everything is to spec. Any help would be great!

There is a service bulletin that for improvement for 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift.The bulletin #21-018-08,it came out 7-12-08.Give that a try and see what happens.

mickey53usa

Reaction score
Have you had a "cold" shifting problem? When it is less than 30 degrees mine will all but stop when shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Just happens once, but will repeat if the vehicle sits for a period of time.

08 KK Limited

cvt8474

Reaction score
No it doesn't seem to have any issues with "cold" shifting. I've noticed the hard shifts at lower speeds. The dealership programmed the two TSBs for the ****** and so far so good.

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I drove my wifes KK,and also had the TSBs done,and the ****** still shifting good.Anybody with ****** problems,I would recommend the TSBs done on your KK.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, at 40-42 mph the thing shifts into high gear, so it's running too low of an rpm to run smoothly. It feels like you're driving a manual in 5th gear at 30 mph. The dealership has went as far as dropping the pan to check for metal shavings and to check the bands, and they say everything is to spec. Any help would be great!

Thats a common complaint with most chrysler trannies now-a-days. Pretty sure that was done to help save gas. Get the ****** in the highest gear as quick as it can to lower the rpms. Ive found that hitting the O/D off button when I first start out will solve that problem some what. Its became a habit to hit that when I first start my jeep.

You should see the thread on over Jeepsunlimted with the 05+ grand cherokees. They are certain there is something wrong and will not stop until its dealt with. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.