****** Fluid Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z00KA

Reaction score
Wanting to do a transmission fluid change on my '04 KJ 3.7 with a 5 speed Manual Transmission.
Owners' Manual states: Use NV3550 - Mopart Manual Transmission Lubricant.
Shop Manual says: Mopart Manual Transmission Lubricant (P/N 04874464).

The guys at O'Reillys Auto Part store did a lookup for me and sold me some GL-5 Synthetic Gear Oil. Looking at the owners' manual it calls for the Synthetic GL-5 for the front and rear differentials

Before I drain the ******, I want to know if I got the right stuff from O'Reillys, or did these guys not know what I was talking about?

Thanks,

Joe

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think it it takes a syn, type oil syncromax or sycromesh or something like that
Royal purple or Amsoil sells it as well as others
I know that gear oil is wrong

use Google and hold on to your brain

Z00KA

Reaction score
Well I think it it takes a syn, type oil syncromax or sycromesh or something like that
Royal purple or Amsoil sells it as well as others
I know that gear oil is wrong

use Google and hold on to your brain
I'm so glad that I decided to check first (on this forum) and Google, before dumping what they sold me, into my ******!

Looks like I'll be going with either the AMSOIL Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30, or I'll swing by the dealer to see how much hide they want for some Mopart Manual Transmission Lubricant (P/N 04874464).

Joe