TPS Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire717

Reaction score
New guy here..Hope this is the correct place for this post..
I have an 03' Liberty...Recently the check engine light came on and the engine sputtered, idled rough and sometimes died. This would last for a short time then the rig would go back to normal driving...later the light would go off after a restart..anyway it turned out to be the TPS sensor..or so I thought...after about 2 mos it did it again. Now I have replaced the sensor again assuming the first one was bad. If this occurs again, is there something else I need to look at? Ha sanyone had similar problems? Thanks
Eric

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you buying those TPS sensors from? If it's from advance auto,auto zone,napa,carquest,or checkers your lucky you got 2 months out of it.Engine sensors and accessories should be replaced with OEM only,many years of experiance from working in the business has tought me this.

fire717

Reaction score
The first one was from a Jeep dealer, number 2 is from Napa...so who knows whats up.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Yeeeeaaah...see, we're putting coversheets on all our TPS reports now...so if you could...TRY and do that for me that'd be GREEEEEEEAT

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO... One of my favorite movies of all time...

"There was salt on the glass, Big Grains of Salt, and i said no salt, no salt"

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first one was from a Jeep dealer, number 2 is from Napa...so who knows whats up.

Could have just been a faulty sensor... Check the plug for the sensor and make sure the contacts are clean, use a little contact cleaner on them if you need to, and even a little bit of dielectric grease to repel any moisture getting into it... Other than that just see how long the new sensor goes!