Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding the engine driven fan isnt bad at all. Buy it and screw it onto the water pump. :)

Fever, Idk much about those brake controllers but that seems like an 'OK' price.

There should be a wire running from the plug on the hitch to the area under the dash on the left side. Its in a bundle of wires and its labeled "electric brake." I found mine and it wasnt that hard. Anyway, mine was BLUE and that plugs into the brake controller.

You will also need to run power to the brake controller which isnt a big deal really. :)

Mr.Jack

Reaction score
First I'll apologize for what appears to be a hi-jack of this posting but does anybody know anything about electric trailer braking?

My 04 Liberty has an factory trailer package but not the trailer brake device (required for heavy two axled trailers) and the stealership wants $150 for one. Can I maybe buy an after market one for less?

I have an '04 Columbia Edition.It has the Tow Group.****** cooler,hd alternator,7 pin wiring,hitch,but no brake controller or the pig tail needed to install the controller.I recently purchased a pup trailer with e-brakes.The trailer dealer installed the brake control and needed wiring.They charged me $85.00 installed.A buddy of mine went to the same dealer and got the same deal without purchasing a trailer.Hope this helps!

christopher6968

Reaction score
anyone have a pic of the engine driven fan installed? do you need to change to a larger fan shroud also?

Latest posts

Members online