Towing Casitia travel trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiodieselBob

Reaction score
What does your temperature gauge show when pulling a travel trailer? With AC on and AC off? And, does it vary much when pulling in severe heat, like Death Valley or summer in Texas (100º +)?

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CRD pulls mine fine, no temp problems in Florida's summer heat. However, it did heat up once while pulling my enclosed trailer climbing a steep bridge over the St John's River in Jacksonville. My problem was my mechanical fan clutch. I replaced that with a new one from the dealer, cost me about eighty bucks as I recall, but it went back to normal, no more high temps. Mine stays just below the half way up mark, if that is of any interest, no matter what I am pulling.

hopefully that helps you out somewhat.

Jeff

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early on there was overheating concerns, but they turned out to be misinformation from the computer, was fixed in one of the computer reflashes without being specifically noted as such.