Towed a Fun Finder Trailer From Florida to Kansas City Mo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baubalu

Reaction score
My wife and I just towed a 18 ft. Shawdow Cruiser Fun Finder from ***** Gorda Fl. home to KC. I bought it on ebay. I went Thru small mountains, heavy rain, and fast semi's trying to blow us off the road. Our 2004 Sporty 3.7 with a equalizer hitch and prodigy brake controler never had a problem. The Libby pulled like a Champ. It bogged down on some of the steep hills but not enough to really matter. It ate gas like crazy if I ran 65-70mph. So I kept it at 60-65mph. Welllll most of the time. The trailel weights about 2500lbs. and hitch weight was around 250 lbs. I don't have a larger fan in fact I only heard the fan kick on once. and it was 90 degrees while we were there. Don't let anyone tell you these things can't tow, they can.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do tow really well until you hit the hills like you said. Ive gotten down to 45mph if I wasnt ******* it and made it shift into 2nd..

You said you had a load equalizer hitch, did you really need one with just 250lbs? Ive had much more than that on the hitch and it didnt sag at all.. O:)

Baubalu

Reaction score
Don't know if I needed one, but it was included with the buy,it works great since it's anti sway and load equailizer.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounded like fun! (Cheers)

Interesting about it eating gas! Yeah, Jeeps are like a block in the wind. I find that I can get about 23 mpg (V6) at 65 mph, and 21 mpg at 75 mph!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baubalu said:
Don't know if I needed one, but it was included with the buy,it works great since it's anti sway and load equailizer.

Ahh, I would say that helped alot with higher speeds. I didnt like the way the libby drove over 70mph..

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which did you get the FBR or FD?
I found (towing with and without) the equalizer mostly helps with the suction of semi's as they pass, toung weight on a 189FBR is only 240. Ithink it only drops my jeep about 2 inches in the rear with a 5" rise in the Draw bar.
Good buy, those Fun Finders are nice. And the Prodigy is the Best B.C. Going today (where do you have it set (around 6.0?)
Just to let you know, Shadow Cruiser was bought by Double Tree RV a high end mobile suite maker so the quality is not missing unlike simular lines like the cikara and echo, not to mention the roof is a solid canvas so no black streaks from oxidizing rubber roofs

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ's can tow

i towed a 20 foot bayliner with a Volvo penta drive and a 351 chev full of fuel and water with no issues at all

friends toyota broke down and he neede to get his boat to the marina :)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Baubalu said:

Ahh, I would say that helped alot with higher speeds. I didnt like the way the libby drove over 70mph..

Yep. 70 seemed to be my limit towin my quads as well. Over 70, it started to wander. 65 was perfect.

Baubalu

Reaction score
I felt the Libby actually towed smoother at 70, I felt like I didn't get the pull from semi's. It just sucked gas like crazy. Oh I did have one mishap on the way home a cracked windshield. Which I had replaced yesterday. In answer to the Trailer questions, It's a Fun Finder 2005, 189Fbr. and it does have a rubber roof. I paid 7500.00 for it. It was bought new last Nov.It still smells new. Got It on ebay.