Tire Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

youknowwhoibee

Reaction score
I have a 2 wheel drive Liberty, i know i know it *****. I am noticing though that in my Jeep the wet and dry traction ***** with these stock tires. I am just wondering what tires would help my grip in inclimate weather and still be a good all season tire. Also my other question, could i possibly have a place to buy these tires at the best price. I know Tirerack is good but personal expeirence helps in my decision making. I am looking to buy these tires within the next 2 months.

I have used BFG traction T/A on my civic and they were the best all around tire dollar for dollar. But what would you recommend for my application?

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put some Nokian Vatiiva 245/70 on my CRD and I really like them. Tread similar to the Bridgestone Revos. Same warranty, same ratings for eveything. They were almost $50 cheaper ea. A person from Vermont gave me the heads up on them where they are very popular. He has them on his Outback and his 3/4 ton 4X4. The tires are made in Finland and are well liked in Europe I'm told.
There is no comparing this tire to the originals, everything is so much improved it's hard to know where to start.

youknowwhoibee

Reaction score
Yokohama Geolandar AT+ II

P235/70R-16
Each - $89.00
Total for 5 - $445.00

And valve stems are 15 bucks. I think that is a good deal and they seem like a good deal to me. That price is shipped. I just need them mounted and balanced. Should i buy 5 of them of save 90 dollars and get 4 and keep my un used spare for backup. I also have a 50000 mile tire warrenty from the dealer.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youknowwhoibee said:
Yokohama Geolandar AT+ II

P235/70R-16
Each - $89.00
Total for 5 - $445.00

And valve stems are 15 bucks. I think that is a good deal and they seem like a good deal to me. That price is shipped. I just need them mounted and balanced. Should i buy 5 of them of save 90 dollars and get 4 and keep my un used spare for backup. I also have a 50000 mile tire warrenty from the dealer.

yes, VERY good tire. My bro has them on his cherokee and I just ordered the Geolander A/T-S which is the tire that is replacing those since they have stopped making them. They do seem to wear kinda fast, but you should get around 35-40k out of them. O:) I would buy only 4 to save money. Most people wont do that but I think its just a waste.

youknowwhoibee

Reaction score
My logic is... i am buying these for purpose of snow and rain dispursement. After winter if i have a flat, my dealership warrenty will cover it. And i wont be effected by it. But it is just during winter if i get a flat in the snow i am phucked neways :) I just need all the help i can get with a rwd Jeep. I just wish i could afford a 4x4 New Liberty. Im loving the truck, just going to hate the winter.