Tire Pressure Light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 9000 miles on my Renegade. Today I added air upto 40 lbs. in my tires. I drove about 15 miles and the orange tire pressure light came on. I checked all the tires and there all still at 40Lbs. What can be the reason for the light? #-o

2003KJ

Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, the tire pressure system is programmed to a certain setting from factory. So whats probably the problem is its still programed to 33psi and you've aired up to 40psi and haven't reset it yet, so the system thinks your tires are about to explode...LOL. There should be a way to reset it (probably through the evic if equipped) but i don't have this system so i'm not familiar with reseting it. Hopefully someone will chime in with the correct procedures.

jasimon

Reaction score
Have you checked the pressure in your spare tire also. All 5 of my rims come with the radio transmitters that relay tire pressure. All five have to be within a certain amount or you get an alarm.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try performing a "battery disconnect reset" while upping the pressure (i.e. disconnect battery, pump up tires, reconnect battery). I am guessing that the base TPMS simply responds to some change in pressure over some number of start cycles. If you do this, let us know your results.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no no and no, im pretty sure that the max tire pressure is 40 psi, and the low is 25psi. So thats y it came on.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
no no and no, im pretty sure that the max tire pressure is 40 psi, and the low is 25psi. So thats y it came on.

That's correct! My spare hit 25 early on and it came on. Nice feature!

wvjeep

Reaction score
That is how you reset the tire pressure monitor- you air them ALL up to 40 lbs and then air down- that resets the sensors- you don't need the magnets they used to use- just air up to 40 all around and then go down to normal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.