Tire Iron

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to remove my tire today to clear some debris, but I lost my friggin tire iron to remove the lugs. Does anyone have an extra? Also the 3 lugs to my spare tire are a size bigger than the ones on the wheel? I guess the previous owner changed them, stupid idea if u ask me. I believe the lugs on the wheels are 1/20th thread?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I have a collapsible 4-way lug wrench (though that doesn't help with spinning the jack) with different sizes.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I have and need a four way wrench in my KJ, since my spare tire lugs are 19mm and the new lugs from Summit are 13/16" which negates the factory lug wrench....except for the turning my crap jack. ;)

The 4 way is actually a 3 way (naughty) that has a large flat screw driver end on one end of the crosses. So, I have a 3/4- 13/16-7/8" and a flat hub cap popper offer thingy too. :D

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, just go invest in a 1/2 drive breaker bar and the correct size of deep socket. My $0.02.

X2, found a coupon once for a free tire rotation with an oil change.took them up opn their offer,bad move.The next scheduled rotation, in my driveway,like usual, found out that the jerk on the impact gun torqued the hell out of my lug nuts. that was bye bye for my factory tire iron, i bent that thing like half a turn befor giving up and getting out the johnson/breaker bar, much easier on the back with the extra leverage these give.

I now have under the back seat the same 4 way wrench as kj924.
These are what used to come with your car.
The 4 way is actually a 3 way that has a large flat screw driver end on one end of the crosses. So, I have a 3/4- 13/16-7/8" and a flat hub cap popper offer thingy too.

cwatson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I snapped a rusty lug on my old civic once trying to get it off. Tore the $h!t outta my knuckles on the asphalt when it cracked then burnt my hand when I picked up the nut (apparently thick metal bolts get hot when you bend them enough to snap). People didn't believe that I did it by hand since I'm kind of a little dude, but it's all about the leverage. Had to spend $50 to get it drilled out. I doubt that'll be happening on the Libby.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2, found a coupon once for a free tire rotation with an oil change.took them up opn their offer,bad move.The next scheduled rotation, in my driveway,like usual, found out that the jerk on the impact gun torqued the hell out of my lug nuts. that was bye bye for my factory tire iron, i bent that thing like half a turn befor giving up and getting out the johnson/breaker bar, much easier on the back with the extra leverage these give.

I now have under the back seat the same 4 way wrench as kj924.
These are what used to come with your car.
The 4 way is actually a 3 way that has a large flat screw driver end on one end of the crosses. So, I have a 3/4- 13/16-7/8" and a flat hub cap popper offer thingy too.

Looks like I am in the "4 way wrench club" also.

Dave

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to remove my tire today to clear some debris, but I lost my friggin tire iron to remove the lugs. Does anyone have an extra? Also the 3 lugs to my spare tire are a size bigger than the ones on the wheel? I guess the previous owner changed them, stupid idea if u ask me. I believe the lugs on the wheels are 1/20th thread?

hey idk if ur still searching for a lug wrench but if ur near the albany area pm me because i have an extra lug wrench for mine (factory style)