Time for Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it has come. It is time for new tires on the jeep and I have been looking around now for a few days at some posts made by everyone...and well...needless to say i have no idea which tire i should be looking at. All i know is that the GOODYEARS on there....well....might as well be used to make some new track at the local high school. So my question to whoever would like to answer is what should i be looking at? I have a 235/70R16 (like most) and I like how the A/T tires look so that might help (but if you guys think i should look at something else im open to suggestions). Also i use the jeep really for snowboarding trips so the tire must be good in snow as well as on the highway cause i drive 30 miles one way on a super highway to get to work. Thanks in advance guys!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a good A/T. I wouldnt go with the grabbers or anything like that. Maybe a revo or the yokohama A/T-S's like I just got.. O:)

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i was looking at the REVOS they have the best write up. i can get them decently priced off of TIRERACK, but then im not sure if a shop will mount and balance them. I called a place that i know can get them and they were MUCH higher to get the tires and mount and balance them. It would cost me $177 each tire (thats including mounting and balancing). Im not sure if that is a good ballpark price but thats what he quoted me.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually most tire shops will still mount and balance a tire if you didnt purchase it from them, granted the price wont be free. thats something that you would have to consider vs. purchasing at a retail store. dont forget pricing of shipping the tires if you order them online also.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never seen a better deal than on tirerack, I can get the tire mounted for free though..

I paid around $450 with shipping for my Geolanders.. Cant beat that..

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Revo's rock!

Pretty much anybody can mount the tires up for you for a low price, just call around.

Also if you do end up going with tire rack make sure you click the link in my signature below or one of the banners to help support the site.

Good deal.

Bennett

ShawnCav

Reaction score
I just got prices for 245/70/16 revos in Staten Island NY, 136 tire mounted and balanced. CASH, no tax. I get mine on Wednesday afternoon.
TIRE EMPIRE 718-980-1000
JOJO'S TIRE CENTER 718-317-5656
both gave me the same price.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i wished i lived closer to staten island....i live in suffolk county so its kinda far..but thanks for the advice on the tire shops mounting them for me...i dont mind paying a fee as long as it works out to be better then what i was quoted. i also dont mind buying tires online just wanted to make sure people would mount them...didnt know if they had a problem or not because you didnt buy it at THEIR facility. alright cool...oh and i will use the link if i do end up buying through tire rack so dont worry \:D/

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Finnish tire that looks and performs comparable to the Revos. Nokian tires, have a near cult following in Vermont. Also paid a bunch less for them. I bought the Nokian Vatiivas.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a hard time believing that those two tires would be the same. The general pattern does look sort of alike but overall the pattern on the revos is much more agressive.

Nokian Vatiiva
You must be registered for see images

Revos

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well...i bought the REVOS...and they are on the jeep now... i will take pictures tomarrow and upload them to show you all!! they look sweet and ride AWESOME!!! thanks for all your help guys!

psinsyd

Reaction score
especko said:
i have a hard time believing that those two tires would be the same. The general pattern does look sort of alike but overall the pattern on the revos is much more agressive.

Nokian Vatiiva

Revos

The Vatiivas look like an awesome tire too. I was just about to get them at my tire shop but went with a set of Vredstein Winter 4 Max (I think that's correct) tires in 245/70. The Vatiiva seemed somewhat heavy, and since I was taking off the Grabbers due to my 44.5 mile each-way commute to work, I wanted to get some gas mileage back. They seem great so far in the wet, and I'm waiting to get the chance to test them in the snow.......and mud!! =P~ The tire shop spoke really highly of them, and three of the guys currently have them on their trucks.