thinking about getting projectors anyone tried this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trulove11kk

Reaction score
I have been researching projector retrofit kits lately and have came across these:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pr...d=227&osCsid=3a34a73ce5f78998a2870847c95a5114
the complete kit is 300 with the halo option and complete plug and play hid kit.

this kit seems to be a simple install besides cracking open the lights,(still scared ill mess them up) but everything i've read about them sounds good no cutting of the light housing or anything. here is a write up from a Ram forum:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58397

seems simple enough, im hoping this will inspire someone with a little more experience with taking the lights apart to do this and make a detailed write up.

any thoughts or comments would be appreciated

Thanks Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
If your lucky ... the factory may have used as little sealant as they did on mine. I had to get mine open to resolve a moisture issue that was causing bulbs to burn out. Just gentle prying (and cutting with an exacto knife) was enough to separate the housing. I thought I would need to bake them but it wasn't necessary. Good Luck.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
^^^ LMAO .. I have read that page over and over ... If they really have overcome the obvious problems ... I LIKE!

P.S. Welcome to the site "The next" Dave :D

trulove11kk

Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies and for making me feel welcome.
so any volunteers? :D
i've been doing alot of research on the mini morimotos and they seem pretty reliable and easy to install i dont believe i've heard anything negative at all about them actually.
im going to save a little money and go through with it, you cant succeed if you dont try.
i've read a few thread about people opening they're lights to black them out but, im still a little worried. any personal experiences anyone would like to share or recommendations
i have a 11' kk btw.

thanks
"the next dave"