Theft Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crd

Reaction score
Just wondering what if anything is being used to deter theft of your KJ. I'm looking at the Ravelco system. Can anyone provide any input about this topic? ](*,)

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't help you there, but I just remembered the best security system...

One day I drove my large dog in my old Land Rover, let's just say people gave it a wide berth... And the locks were pretty dodgy on it :)

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory alarm system. Parking next to an older vehicle that doesn't have a little red blinking light is perhaps THE best theft deterrent out there, next to leaving a poisinous snake on the seat of course. The second best theft deterrent is to not leave anything good in the vehicle. I take EVERYTHING with me, except maybe a bottle of water...if there's nothing in there, it would be pretty stupid to break in to take stuff eh?
Park in a well lit area, near a car that (odds are anyway) doesn't have an alarm, and the car without the alarm will get boosted everytime someone wants to steal something. Car theft is about opportunity (unless you're out to steal 50 cars in one night to save your brother's life from a badass englishman, but then again no car can stand up to Nicholas Cage's leet theft skills \:D/ ) and simplicity. If there is a car that doesn't have something to alert people that it has been entered, then that is one less thing a prospective car thief has to worry about and they'll snatch that one. If there isn't anything visible that's of any value in the car, then there's no reason to break in, is there?

All this is for nothing in some cases though.
Bayonne, NJ
About 5 years ago our XJ was stolen out of my grandfather's driveway, it was locked (no alarm system though), under a streetlight, in a driveway, with nothing whatsoever in it, with OUT OF STATE PLATES (not even like...NY out of state, we're talking NH plates in NJ) on it, and an unlocked XJ in the next driveway over...and the ******* idiots stole ours instead... [-X But wait! It gets worse...they realize that a cop is following them, so they ram him. Then they proceed to throw their bag of tools on the accelerator, and jump out of a moving vehicle on a busy road...driving our poor poor XJ THROUGH the brick wall of a Red Lobster.

The moral of this little anecdote? There is absolutley no protection from stupidity.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big dog is it. A friend of mine goes topless in his tj all summer and his dog loves the jeep. Never had anything taken. The dog likes to collect fingers.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SnowgodCCR said:
unless you're out to steal 50 cars in one night to save your brother's life from a badass englishman

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

EDIT: woo! 500th post!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
ENBr said:
EDIT: woo! 500th post!

Yeehaw! Get your quilt and pipe, let's go to the yard with a keg of beer. :) =D>
In short: Congratulations! \:D/

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol! Thanks :)

And it's kilt, quilt is a bit soft for us :p

Dram o whiskey!
Keg o beer will do fine though!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, whiskey.. i forgot about that. :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ENBr said:
Lol! Thanks :)

And it's kilt, quilt is a bit soft for us :p

Dram o whiskey!
Keg o beer will do fine though!

Do you wear those? :-s

If so, do you wear them while driving the Libby? 8-[

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey we have Irish parade in NY, and Irish and Scottish attend (i am not sure why we don't have scottish parade, maybe not enough scottmen). They wear those things all day long that day, nobody seems to mind. They wear it even if they don't attend the parade.

hey just realized, was SCATMAN scottish?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Hey we have Irish parade in NY, and Irish and Scottish attend (i am not sure why we don't have scottish parade, maybe not enough scottmen). They wear those things all day long that day, nobody seems to mind. They wear it even if they don't attend the parade.

You of all people should know what **** is. And it has nothing to do with Scotland...though I think those weirdos may be a little more inclined to it.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol - scatman? Never heard of him, so can't say! As for the irish, they're more cute and fluffy (don't get any ideas as to what that meant) than the scots, so probably that's why :)

We wear kilts, not all the time, some for fun like at events, mainly for formal dress, with knee high socks, blazer, tie, and ceremonial knife in the socks... Oh, and the sporran! I don't have one, but would like to! (Expensive though - qualtiy ones are about £500, 10m2 of thick material, and only one size, so an investment!

And have you guys heard about the tradition with kilts (prob yes, think braveheart!)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
hyedipin said:

You of all people should know what **** is. And it has nothing to do with Scotland...though I think those weirdos may be a little more inclined to it.

hey.. why me!?
i know what **** is.. but scatman, don't tell me you don't know him.
That's whom I was referring to.

You must be registered for see images

I thought he was scottish.. but i guess he was american after all

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol - ok! Random: still never heard of him. And titan, why exactly should us weirdos be inclined to it?

Latest posts

Members online