The KJ Spring To Do Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install the new rear upper control arm sitting on my bench.

Clean up and paint the used but much better lower control arms, then install new bushings (all three). Install new greasable lower ball joints. Then install with the parts below.

Install new front shock assemblies sitting on my kitchen floor.

Check the rear evap stuff around the gas tank to see where the occasional light whiff of gas is coming from.

Install new parking brake shoes and parts. Never gotten around to it...oops.

Then have new TPMS sensors installed in all 4 tires, have the tires balanced and rotated and alignment done,

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New front brakes and eventually regrease the rear and put the parking brake back in

EDIT: and potentially a new muffler as well

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that there's nothing chicken about that choice. This one's kinda like a radiator flush... The dealer does it so cheaply and so fast - and uses the correct fluid - I feel it's too good a value to do it myself.

I've swapped engines, installed front and rear axles with the Reverend's guidance, installed the lift, changed bearing axles, new brake system blah blah blah, so I know my way around the KJ. But I see no point in changing ****** fluid. :shrug:

Don't feel chicken, Prof ;)

Bob

adding to Bob's comment, you'll also get warranty on the job. It's a 12 months / *** miles. If it starts leaking due to poor workmanship, they'll have to cover it.

flush + the fliter change would run from $300 to $400 including tax.

You could do the ****** flush yourself but for the cost of the fluid it is not much more for the shop to do it.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pinion seal /// high pressure power steering line ... transmiion replace... light bar front clip removal and replacement... the list i going to turn into a Summer project

colorado76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ Spring to do, started last Friday for me. I went to due my oil change and found that the passenger side CV Shaft upper boot was torn. So Sunday I replaced the CV Shaft with a NAPA Remanufactured one. (Cheers) Happy that it's done and a few photos to share also.

Attachments

• IMG_20150512_135430.jpg
    IMG_20150512_135430.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20150512_135506.jpg
    IMG_20150512_135506.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20150512_135551.jpg
    IMG_20150512_135551.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Members online