The dreaded Jeep seats........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepman

Reaction score
I know cruising around the site, I have seen a thread on cleaning the stain prone tan Jeep seats.

Can anyone hook me up? Or has anyone found new ways for cleaning these stupid things.

Thanks!

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you get them cleaned, you can put on some plastic seat covers to keep them looking new... J/K.

I'm also interested in what works best without have to go the trial and error route.

Thanks for any inputs...

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with scotch-guarding clean seats. Keeps those spots away for some time. Also great for spills as well as dirt and grease on your clothes that transfer to the fabric when you're seated.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

I don't have the tan seats, mine are the Charcoal/black.
But they still get stained.
My wife is the one who grooves on cleaning them!
She uses Windex and a Clean fingernail brush, then
works a small area at a time. Then just let Mother Nature
do the drying.

Cheers

Ryan

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
socks said:
Good day,

I don't have the tan seats, mine are the Charcoal/black.
But they still get stained.
My wife is the one who grooves on cleaning them!
She uses Windex and a Clean fingernail brush, then
works a small area at a time. Then just let Mother Nature
do the drying.

Cheers

Ryan

She uses windex on the seats?

Ive heard a good steam cleaning gets rid of the spots.. Then you could water proof them or use scotch guard like sgoat did.

I have leather seats(and a 2004) so Im just going by what Ive read about them. O:)

Ive been seeing posts about this in WK's on Jeepsunlimited.. I just dont understand why they would put seats like this in a Jeep.. Or any vehicle for that matter.. :-s

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Yup!
Plain old Windex.

That stuff even got a large blood stain out of the drivers seat (light grey upholstery) of my old Dodge Colt.
Also removed the matching Blood stain on my Levis pant leg.
No kidding!

You should see what she does with toothpaste!

Ry'

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get salt out of my carpet. I bought some carpet cleaner the other day, but it didn't really do a whole lot. The salt built up mostly on my driver's side mat near the gas pedal. With charcoal/black carpet, it sure looks bad. #-o

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just plain water

what works for me is: I get a clean terry cloth wrag, wet it and wring it out than wipe the seat. The seat darkens from the moisture but after a short time it dries and the stain is gone. I don't just wipe the spot, wipe the entire area in that section of the seat until the whole area looks the same color from the moisture.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
I need to get salt out of my carpet. I bought some carpet cleaner the other day, but it didn't really do a whole lot. The salt built up mostly on my driver's side mat near the gas pedal. With charcoal/black carpet, it sure looks bad. #-o

I found this product "Bluemagic" at wallymart. It's a blue spray can and it says it's "carpet stain and spot lifter". It was in the auto section with the cleaning products. It worked really good on a carpet stain in the house. Then I tried it on salt stains in the Jeep carpet and it works very good. Takes the stains right out. It also might work on the seats, but I didn't try it as I have leather, so I don't know about the cloth seats.

It's probably got the same stuff in it as "windex"? I would have never thought that "windex" would take stains out of seats. Interesting...

Dave

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to try it out, i'm actually heading there today, so I'll pick some up. We have two Jeeps, both with charcoal interiors, and both have salt crusted in the carpet on the same spots, looks terrible.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Just plain water

joeg said:
what works for me is: I get a clean terry cloth wrag, wet it and wring it out than wipe the seat. The seat darkens from the moisture but after a short time it dries and the stain is gone. I don't just wipe the spot, wipe the entire area in that section of the seat until the whole area looks the same color from the moisture.

Same technique I use but after it dries, give it a coat of Scotchguard.

Latest posts

Members online