The Color That Didn't Make It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went into the Wallpapers section on the Jeep.com web site and was looking at the KJ pics, and there is a purple Limited! I take it that this is the color that didn't make it. Although pretty, I would personally never own a purple vehicle, lol. Great pic otherwise.

You must be registered for see images

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a purple liberty on TV, too - On WB's Smallville, Lana drives one (or rather, they show it in the background sometimes)

But you're right, I don't remember seeing it as an option (not that I would pick it)

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the colors in that pic seem to be off, those clouds shouldnt be reddish...I think thats whats changing the color of the KJ...

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe thats Dark Garnet Red Pearlcoat....trying to find a pic...

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I've actually seen two Libs that color driving around here in the Phx area. As for the colors in the first image, if you look carefully that photo was taken very close to sunrise/sunset, and there is also a lot of sky/snow reflection that is changing the perceived color on the Jeep. At least, thats how I see things...

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first picture looks a lot like a marketing drawing, rather than an actual photo, so I wouldn't trust the EXACT color anyway

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say other than the front wheel spinning and the bits of snow flying around that its a 100% real photo...

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photoshopping to correct the sky, and the trees; but not retouching the KJ or snow, yields this. Patriot Blue?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That dark red isn't too bad. I am surprised that Jeep.com shows a color that just isn't real. If they want to mess with the colors in the photo, then crop the KJ out... move it to another layer as not to alter the color.

GeoJeepLib

Reaction score
Im pretty sure this photo is a digital "fake". If I'm right the mountains in the background are the Grand Tetons and the Picture of the Liberty is on the slopes of a resort called Grand Targhee. I go there every year to Snowboard. There is no way any wheeled vehicle could make it through the 500 inches of snow they get on the top of that mountain. Cool picture though...

Geo

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
GeoJeepLib said:
Im pretty sure this photo is a digital "fake". If I'm right the mountains in the background are the Grand Tetons and the Picture of the Liberty is on the slopes of a resort called Grand Targhee. I go there every year to Snowboard. There is no way any wheeled vehicle could make it through the 500 inches of snow they get on the top of that mountain. Cool picture though...

Geo

They Helicopter those Jeeps in for these shots. (So I've heard...... (whistle) )

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the photo may be altered, but anyone that does ads (i.e. myself) can tell you that sure, we all change or alter the color at times. I just had a photo that the lawn in front of a house was somewhat blue, so I increased the yellow (in Photoshop) to make the grass look greener. But on my Apple display, that puppy looks like a purple KJ, not just a dark red KJ that has had the overall picture moved to the magenta/ purple side. If I liked a photo and I was in control of the Jeep.com web site, I could see using the photo, even if it didn't have an officially released color. It's a good shot. I just have to say that Jeep possibly did have a purple KJ. It's not a bad color, as I had a friend that had a similar color VW. Now I can see VW selling the color, but Jeep? No. IMHO, someone said it wasn't tough enough.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, the trees are still green in the photo. The photo isn't that altered, unless the KJ was added to the background.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do buy into the helicopters being used. Look at most 4x4 commercials where the vehicle is setting on top of some grand mesa, and I doubt that they drove it up there (as it might get a scratch, lol).

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.S. I was driving through Moab on time (like a long time ago) and the roads were wet (it was the middle of summer) and the road was close for about 20 minutes by a police officer. Then I was allowed to continue on and I saw new Dodge mini-vans and a camera crew. No helicopters, but it was just a paved canyon road.

Latest posts

Members online