Test Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you fell in love with your KJ after driving it? I have friends that gave me I"ts not a real Jeep" Speech when I first bought it. Then after riding or driving it said "This is a real Jeep, How Much, or Now I get it." I have changed alot of peoples points of view since I bought it. I know my test drive is what sold me. I realy wasn't a big fan until I got behind the wheel. Now I would never have a Wrangler vehicle for a daily driver. Offroad trail Jeep Yes.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ is the first vehicle that I have owned that I have always loved to get into and drive on about any road condition. It's got a great highway feel and take it off road and it handles great. It's got an awesome four-wheel drive system. It's nimble, easy to drive, and offers a great view of the road from up above.

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
jeepmed said:
How many of you fell in live with your KJ after driving it? I have friends that gave me I"ts not a real Jeep" Speech when I first bought it. Then after riding or driving it said "This is a real Jeep, How Much, or Now I get it." I have changed alot of peoples points of view since I bought it. I know my test drive is what sold me. I realy wasn't a big fan until I got behind the wheel. Now I would never have a Wrangler vehicle for a daily driver. Offroad trail Jeep Yes.

Well.... if I didn't need 4 doors, I'd have a Wrangler (Unlimited) as my daily driver..... just 'cause I'm a ********* Wrangler fan.

BUT.... I have to admit that it was the test drive of the Liberty that sold me. I was one of those "that's not a real Jeep" kind of people until I found out that it came standard with a better rear axle than the std. Wrangler Dana 35, and used the same 4x4 system... and then after the test ride, I was REALLY impressed with how smooth and quiet it was (compared to the Wrangler)... and how SOLID it felt.... as well as having pretty impressive approach/departure angles.... I have to agree that as a daily driver it's MUCH nicer than a Wrangler.

Luis

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yep, test drive sold me too. I was quite amazed at how much spunk it had for its weight (great power to weight ratio). Pretty much decided on a KJ that night, but went back first thing the next morning to talk price and find the one I wanted.

claudio

Reaction score
i fell in love with my liberty since i saw it standing in front of me in a red light, but i could not afford the initial price, then appear the CRD neither i can afford it, so i have to wait one year to buy it second hand ($ 11.000 from the new price) and now DC stop importing CRD Limited so if you buy it new you have only the CRD Sport, and that's it, previous Diesel SUV full of problems, so every day i'm happier with my CRD, just waiting for warranty end to lift.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others, I went to the dealer just looking, I had a Durango that had 4 months left on the lease, the sales manager who I have know for years, talked me into taking a test drive, told me to take it home for the wife to drive, I called her and she did not seem enthused but said ok, she drove it and that was it, we went back to the dealer and found out that DC had a buy back program where they would pick up the remaining lease up to 4 months, that said it was a done deal, got 0% interest, $2000.00 rebate supposedely invoice price + $200.00 from the sheet he showed me, no money down and a note way less than the Durango, better gas milage and the wife loves it, and so do I when I get a chance to drive it.

Bob

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loved it!

Had my lifted Cherokee at the time and I was having major drivetrain issues with it. It was lifted and was beaten on!! It couldn't handle the longer commute I needed for a new job I took. So it was a good time to look for another vehicle. Going to the Jeep dealership was last on my list. I loved my Cherokee but I more leaning toward a truck (Dodge or Chevy). I test drove a Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Dakota and Ram, and even a Toyota Tacoma. I decided to walk into the Jeep dealership in hopes to find a lower priced Grand Cherokee...I was asked if I would like to drive a Liberty. I smiled and politley said I was not interested. The salesman took it positive and we test drove a Grand Cherokee with a price tag a little higher than what I was looking for. He again asked me to try a Liberty and I said "Sure, Why Not?".

I loved it!! I am impressed by the handling, power of the 3.7, and interior. 2 days later I got a good employee discount, cashback incentive, and a very good trade in value that I couldn't resist.

Now as you can see, I have my Black Columbia Edition Lib! I love it and have not thought about any other vehicle since.

misterzero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed, it was the test drive. I was a huge XJ fan (grew up on them) and was looking for a TJ, since the XJ was scraped. For that, I hated the Liberty. So while browsing around, I decided to see what kind of crap the XJ was replaced with. A minivan without sliding doors, I thought. Then I test drove one. Aye. I bought it that same night.

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never really even thought about a KJ until one day i decided to stop by the stealership to just check out a few cars, ended up test driving one, then later that day decided this is exactly what I want. I had always had the impression that the KJ was wimpy, not a real 4x4, and was like any other SUV on the road. Boy was I wrong, this thing is a true JEEP.

Latest posts

Members online