Tail gate lock noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this weekend my tail gate lock starts making this incredibly loud buzzing noise when it locks. It locks and unlocks fine, it's just when it locks it's extremely loud (not when unlocking though). Has anyone experienced this before? Is there anything in the tailgate that could cause that other than the actuator?

Riv's Papaw

Reaction score
It's probably the actuator that activates the locking mechanism for automatic locking. The part should run about 100.00 plus labor if you have the dealership to perform the work. ](*,)

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buzz

Depending on your model year, there was a TSB concerning issues with the rear glass actuator. Do a search on this forum, maybe it will turn up.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buzz

Depending on your model year, there was a TSB concerning issues with the rear glass actuator. Do a search on this forum, maybe it will turn up.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess once it comes back from the body shop, I'll just take it over to the dealer to fix that too. It looks like I'm getting car repairs for Xmas, #-o