Synthetic oil and Earth Friendly Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Motorcraft filters are Pureolater filters too. At the very least, I've been using them for going on 3 years without an issue!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing me back four Napa Gold oil filter's Ryan!
Would like to try some Mobil 1 oil filter's if we can ever find them....
Note on Fram oil filters..only the higher end Tough Guard has the anti drain back valve.
The lower end one do not in most cases..check before you buy.
Here is the Napa Gold info from the box.
40898[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• NapaOilFilter.jpg
    NapaOilFilter.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 0

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I think the big thing to remember is,you only have 5 QT in your engine,it has to take a lot of heat,stress etc. CHANGE IT! Oil is cheap compared to repair or replacing engine,trany,diff.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I hate to resurrect an oil thread, but I'm not done. I am thinking about ordering some AMSOIL SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil and a 25,000-Mile Ea Oil Filter online because it's just cheaper than getting it down here. I noticed that the AMSOIL filter isn't on any of your favorites list but it looks to be really good quality. Is there something bad that I should know about before ordering?

Also, I plan on doing a little experiment with my next oil change. I got a free oil testing kit that I found online and I'm going to test the oil coming out right now and then do tests on the new oil (probably every 2,000 miles) and track the changes. I think it will be a fun project and maybe put some interesting info out there.

diyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing against Amsoil, I've no clue so can't speak, but does their ( or any ) filter guarantee that all dust
will be filtered out? I mean road dust and sand... regardless of what we believe, dust WILL make it to
Your engine! IMHO no rocket oil will solve this problem, so I'm forced to the 3/4k + new filter route here.
My next oil changes will be Motorcraft 5W-30 Syn Blend ( a bargain ), way cheaper than the BP thing...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Many forum members have complimented the use of the Amsoil air filter.
I agree that any filter has to breath and some fine particulate enters the throttle body.
I just use the normal paper air filters, and will replace them twice a year, or if they get wet.
The main thought is that no filter should be considered still clean at 25,000 miles.
I use the #2329 Napa Gold and remove/wash the air box & intake hose at replacement.
I will also give the throttle body a quick spray cleaning, which it needs then as well.
I often lift the air box lid & remove the air filter to inspect. If you see it getting dirty put a new one in!
Mileage is hard to determine as if you were off road following behind in the dust it may last only one trip. If you are just around town it may get 6000 miles+
41159[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Inexpensive & they work.

Attachments

• NapaGoldAirFilter.jpg
    NapaGoldAirFilter.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the oil filter? I'm pretty happy with my K&N air filter right now. I'm thinking of going totally AMSOIL for the oil, synthetic 5W-30 and their oil filter.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
by engine design, the throttle body needs to be REMOVED and cleaned , not just a quick spray, once a year - by design oil particulate gathers on the back side of the tb's

i used to use mobil 1 filters

switched to amsoil oil and amsoil filters (as well as amsoil air) with the liberty

my oil doesn't change colors until about 5,000 miles, was short on cash and had to use a mobil 1 filter with my amsoil oil one round, and the oil darkened by 3,000

now particulate and dirt isn't the only reason oil changes color, but its one of them, and the mobil 1 at 3,000 could have just been a one off but in 60,000 miles on the kj, about 20,000 on the eclipse, 45k on the focus and 28k on the ranger the amsoils been pretty dang consistent

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
How much do you pay for the Amzoil Kj filters and 5w-30 oil? Is it available in 5 quart jug?

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's avail in gallons, singular quarts and 12qt cases, i usually buy it by the case and depending on what im changing at the time i end up with spare quarts left over and the second go round ill either order another case or a gallon and supplement the lack of quarts in the gallon with one from the spares
across the board gals are cheaper than quarts but may not be as convenient, cases cheaper than individual quarts, i think a case of gals (i think they do that..) is 4 gals

think a case of XL (7500 interval) 5w30 is about 60 bucks
the 25,000 filters are 13ish
Gal jug of 0w30 (10k+) is like 32 or quart about 8 bucks
OE(normal+ interval) 5w20's about 48 a case
OE 5w30's something under 5 bucks a quart
I use the wix filters with the OE oil on those vehicles, the wix filters are a lil over 5 bucks

year membership is 20 bucks which gets you the discounted prices, which just look at the amsoil website for prices and youll see how quickly the discounted prices will make the 20 bucks back

If you're interested, get JJ's dealer # when you're ready to get up one morning with a bigass box of goodies left by the UPS man

For me, as many vehicles as I deal with all at the same time, it's worth it to me to be able to sit here and have Part number lookups, fluid type and capacities right in front of me via the amsoil "garage" system. If you live near a distribution system they'll let you pick your box up at the warehouse too which saves shipping costs on big orders

oil, oil filters, airfilters, windshield wipers, spark plugs, power steering fluid, PI Fuel injector concentrate (GOOD Stuff) my order before last the UPS guy was cussin me and my 3 heavy ass boxes

Last edited:

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i converted and stayed there based on blackstone results with 2+ year histories on some of them with "Oil X"

Use whatever makes ya sleep good at night and if ya go over recommended intervals.. get tests or don't go over

Latest posts

Members online