Sylvania Silverstars Ultra: I dont' see the diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there was another post regarding the new Silverstar Ultra headlight bulbs. However, I had a headlight burn out today and needed replacements. For the $10 more ($5 after I get back a rebate) I went with the Ultras.

I put the new Ultra in the right headlight and the working silverstar was kept in the left headlight. I DO NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE. Is it just me? I don't know but I think next time I will save my money and get the standard Silverstars.

I should've taken a picture after both were in but I forgot to. Would that cause a difference...? I would think not.
You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't feel so bad, maybe they will run longer, and return your extra money..
Under these circumstances, I don't see a huge difference.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Don't feel so bad, maybe they will run longer, and return your extra money..
Under these circumstances, I don't see a huge difference.

I also got a $15 mail in rebate. As I am not a big fan of mail in rebates I will hope they send me a check. That would bring the cost down to the Sylvania Silverstars.

Yea, if they do last longer then I would say its even. As of now I would buy the Silverstars again. It doesn't get too dark where I am since I don't live in the country. There are street lights everywhere I turn.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any difference either. I've had the regular Silverstars before, but when I got the Liberty I didn't wanna spend $40 on bulbs, so I spent $20 on some regular blue ones and they actually look alot whiter than the Silverstars.....go figure.

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys guys guys. Its not about the brightness. Both the silverstars and the ultras burn at the same temp. Its the distance of the light that it puts out. I have noticed the ultras shine a good 10-12 feet more down the road than the regular silverstars. Look at the distance, not the brightness

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RIPGTP1997 said:
Guys guys guys. Its not about the brightness. Both the silverstars and the ultras burn at the same temp. Its the distance of the light that it puts out. I have noticed the ultras shine a good 10-12 feet more down the road than the regular silverstars. Look at the distance, not the brightness

That's what the packaging is showing. I will redo my picture behind an ally to see the distance diff.

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at Autozone tonight and the sign for Silverstars said that the Ultras were 20% brighter and had 20% better distance over regular Silverstars. The people that worked there said you really wouldnt see the brightness difference but you would see the distance increase.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the silverstar ultras in my rooflights lol. from the stock bulbs, OMG the difference was HUGE, i LOVE them. i had silverstars in my 97 camry before. but i havent had that car for a year so i couldnt compare. but im sure thse do shine farther, i love mine in my rooflights, one of the best mods i have done. even though i got pulled over twice for them lol, ocne for the stock bulbs, and once for the silverstar ultras haha

i have the hella bulbs in my headlights, i like those a lot as well. let me find a pic, you can see the difference between the foglights and how blue(well...blue tint) the headlights and rooflights are

i have a second pic, ill put it up later. its still on my phone. and dont ask why the right foglight looks blue like the rest of the lights lol, but the left bulb is the actual difference in color comapred to headlights and rooflights. and THATS during the day, imagine at night, i love em :)

here ya go, again, the right foglight looks blue/whiter, but in real person, its just like the left one lol

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,
I too have the Silverstar Ultras fitted in out 2004 Sport.
I do not find any real gain in light output or projection distance.
My '76 Mini with Bosch headlamps and stock wattage Bosch H4 bulbs(which incidently are the same wattage as the 9007 Silverstar Ultras bulbs) shine brighter and farther than my Libby's headlamps do! That and the Mini's lights are about 18 inchs lower than the Libby's.
Next payday it's off to the parts shop,and buy a set of PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs. I know that they are expencive, but whatever!
Cheers
Ryan

TopShapeCabby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
socks said:
Next payday it's off to the parts shop,and buy a set of PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs. I know that they are expencive, but whatever!

Give us an update on the PIAA....Thx.