switching out 4-wheel drive systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anschutz1913_ss

Reaction score
I have a 99 cherokee sport.

I was wondering what the process is to change from the command trac to the selec trac 4WD system would entail? do I have to change the hubs? I would like to upgrade to the select trac without buying a new vehicle as I LOVE my cherokee.

Thank you

Tom

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anschutz1913_ss said:

I was wondering what the process is to change from the command trac to the selec trac 4WD system would entail? do I have to change the hubs? I would like to upgrade to the select trac without buying a new vehicle as I LOVE my cherokee.

Thank you

Tom

I think you would be better off if you sold the one you have now, and buy the one you want. For the amount of money it would take for the conversion, I'd say you'd have a good downpayment toward a different Jeep.

2003KJ

Reaction score
hmmmm. Do you have an automatic?

I could be wrong, but in theory it shouldnt take a whole lot. Check out www.naxja.org . Thats a great XJ/MJ (Cherokee/Commanche) website. i'm sure you'd probably have more luck over there.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
valvestem said:
anschutz1913_ss said:

Thank you

Tom

I think you would be better off if you sold the one you have now, and buy the one you want. For the amount of money it would take for the conversion, I'd say you'd have a good downpayment toward a different Jeep.

You sure about that? All he wants is info for a t-case swap... People do them all the time....

Not 2WD to 4WD. Now I would DEFINITELY recommend buying another Jeep for that.