Swapping out Seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bustoff

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the KJ ownership and the forum. The lease ran out on the 04 Grand Cherokee and I purchased a nice discounted 06 sport last week. However, I'm having a real hard time finding a comfortable position in the stock seat! After a half hour my back is sore (old guy you know). Has anyone here swapped out the stock seat? If so, what did you go with? The GC seat was really mushy in comparison but I never had a problem there. Thanks!

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Are the seats leather or cloth? I have heard, and experienced that the cloth ones are a bit ******* the lower back. Im not sure, but i think the leather ones off of a liberty are better. So i guess you could try and find a leather set. As for taking them from a GC im not sure if the area where they bolt to the floor would be the same.

Btw Welcome to the forum! enjoy your jeep!

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, seats aren't terribly comfortable int he libby. I haven't sat on the leather...all the libby's i test drove at the dealer were equipped with cloth. I haven't seen any aftermarket seats.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havnt heard of anyone swapping seats, but I have heard of someone pulling up the seat cushion and adding some padding to lift the front of the cushion up a bit. Might be worth a try. You could pick up some foam padding at just about any craft store, cut a wedge shape out and place it under the factory padding.

Bustoff

Reaction score
Seat Swap

Thanks for the input. I have the cloth seats and there seems to be a pressure point right at my tailbone. I have one of those backpads made from the tempurpedic material that seems to be helping at the moment.

That upgrade to leather/power seemed like no small operation but the end result looked great.

Besides this seating issue, the KJ is much more fun to drive that the GC. More power than the 4.0, more responsive steering, easier to navigate. Up here in Michigan I'm looking forward to some snow and some off roading activity soon. I'll bet the KJ owners in the Denver area are having some fun right now!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come to think about about it...haven't heard anything from them lately. hmmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Members online